Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best assault rifle upper?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    An assault rifle is a selective fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.
    I think what people are missing here is he may in fact be looking for an upper for a select fire lower. I know he’s got nfa stuff. So why not a M16?

That’s my wager on his wording, and the response he has gotten was also what he was looking for on a troll level. I’m sure he’s in the market for an upper too though

Feedback Score
    "An assault rifle is a gun with a thing on it that goes up" -Joey Bideman head of the TAF, no..not..not TAF, AFT man...

Not really on other social media but the other forums, or sources but the other sources don't have people that actually shoot, or at least train. Instagram is full of guys with new stuff for the sake of new stuff, I like new stuff, but only when it serves a purpose. Reddit is full of lefties who are looking to recreate Castro and Che from their non-binary parents basements and trick out a Ruger and call it cool, Facebook has fuds that will put maybe 2 mags down the barrel and tell you that it is dependable, TOS has some tricked out POF guns that have only been ran in an indoor shooting lane.

I have come to the realization that I'm not a DeltaSealReconRanger and I'm okay with that, but I want and enjoy learning the craft of shooting and currently the AR platform offers more versatility and mission modification currently than any other platform on the market. This, to me is the only place that I can most likely find assurance from actual experience. If other places exist, I would be happy to go there.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post

Not really on other social media but the other forums, or sources but the other sources don't have people that actually shoot, or at least train. Instagram is full of guys with new stuff for the sake of new stuff, I like new stuff, but only when it serves a purpose. Facebook has fuds that will put maybe 2 mags down the barrel and tell you that it is dependable.
    Just like gun forums, you have to find the right pages.

Big name trainers are far more active on Facebook than I have ever seen them be on here, or any other forum.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You are a breath of fresh air my friend, and I totally agree. I think we are seeing the slow death of forums.
    It's the circle of life. Forums get popular because they have experts who have great insight and give good advice. So they attract people. The problem with that some of them are idiots who think they know better than the experts that attracted them to the forum to begin with. Experts get tired of arguing with idiots and leave. Then the idiots become the experts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Big name trainers are far more active on Facebook than I have ever seen them be on here, or any other forum.
    I understand that, because they are trying to reach the biggest audience. I just think we are a much more concentrated version of said audience, I don't always go out and seek the big name trainers as well, I try to seek those that have an experience or capability I am looking for, which can get lost in the facebook messaging because it is so broad.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There should be plenty of options at the local assault rifle store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    OP,
    I advise checking with your LGS. They know what works, and the also support buying local and buying locally manufactured. They’ll know the good local guys. Look for the guy over fifty-five with the white beard, he’ll steer you right(ly).

Otherwise, this looks solid for ya.
    https://www.righttobear.com/rtb-22-u...-rtb922lr7ra2/

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    AR15s are so last century. What you need is a Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yep! About time too! This sites greatest conversation lately is fukking grip screws. I'll take cuckoo bird over that retarded crap all day long!
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    And not just one, but *two* threads about grip screws.
    Not any average, everyday grip screw. COMBO grip screw.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Not any average, everyday grip screw. COMBO grip screw.
    Can I get that one at Ace Hardware?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast