Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Are Form1 Cans Totally Dead?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So Are Form1 Cans Totally Dead?

I got a JR kit for a Model 12/AEM5 clone kit when the cans were discontinued to build a Mk12 Mod0 clone but never built it.

Am I SOL at this point?

Hoping to get a PRI Mk12 upper in a couple months so I was waiting to build the can once I get the upper to make sure the mount works etc and never saw this coming.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, you can still get approval. The key is to say that you have NOT purchased any parts and will not build the suppressor until approved.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    No, you can still get approval. The key is to say that you have NOT purchased any parts and will not build the suppressor until approved.
    What he said

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    What he said

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    How do I do that? I've done two others some months ago using kids from Quiet Bore and they were approved, but this was before this bombshell.

I don't remember that type of descriptor being anywhere? Just length, caliber and serial no.

What am I missing gents?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    How do I do that? I've done two others some months ago using kids from Quiet Bore and they were approved, but this was before this bombshell.

I don't remember that type of descriptor being anywhere? Just length, caliber and serial no.

What am I missing gents?
    Nothing. Of course you'd have the parts. You probably shouldn't bore a baffle or end cap to be cautious. I wouldn't send of for a stamp only to get it and not have the kit available. That would be insane. A $200 stamp you can't do anything with?

I'm wanting to do another F1 can. The first one was exhausting, and I swore I'd never do another one. But the memory of the hard work has faded, and I'm wanting to do another.
    Last edited by markm; 05-04-22 at 11:00.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    A $200 stamp you can't do anything with?
    You could get a refund. I’ve done it twice. Expect a very long wait if you need to go that route.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post

What am I missing gents?
    When you efile, don't make the model or serial number the name of a known solvent trap manufacturer. Subsequent to filing, you are likely to receive a request for additional information asking for pictures and descriptions of the kit you will be using. As far as I know, the ones that are getting approved now are the ones that respond that no parts or kits have been purchased, yet, and that all those decisions and purchases will be made after the form 1 is approved.

Edit: since you are dealing with the federal government, it's probably a good idea for your statements to be true.

If you already have a kit, it doesn't look like there's a way to form 1 it without making untrue statements. I wonder if it's possible to find an SOT who can manufacture a form 4 can out of your kit. You might try Alvah Devins, or better yet, an SOT in your area.

Edited again for clarity
    Last edited by Nocaster; 05-10-22 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    You could get a refund. I’ve done it twice. Expect a very long wait if you need to go that route.
    That's kind of interesting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got 2 $200 refunds on F1 efile SBRs.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    I got 2 $200 refunds on F1 efile SBRs.
    Why? Changed your mind?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast