Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No more USA steel available for rifle barrels

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Gee who'd of thunk that a little something like the largest war in Europe since WWII would cause demand for weapons grade raw material to go up.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Shortages are going to be part of the new normal.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yep, get your ammo while you can, billions of rounds are going to have to be replaced, and I am talking NATO stuff not Russian. Belgium has provided 5,000 FNC's and now is starting to provide SCAR-L's, most going to the Foreign Legion. And I am sure the US is providing M4's, after the war I imagine Ukraine will convert to NATO standard.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-04-22 at 10:29.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This site has gone full tard. What about the steel to make grip screws?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Who t-f is flying these days!?!? I haven't flown since 2005, & have no intention of starting!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Who t-f is flying these days!?!? I haven't flown since 2005, & have no intention of starting!
    I'm so glad my job doesn't involve travel.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This site has gone full tard. What about the steel to make grip screws?
    I am really curious, you don't see supply shortages coming with the supply chain disruptions already from the pandemic and now the massive rearmament NATO is going to be undertaking.

Let us see, the US is supplying IIRC around 140,000 155 shells, 95 lbs each with 15 lbs of filler so 80 lbs of forged steel = 11,200,000 lbs for ammo alone.

Then let us say 100 M777's at 9,300 lb each round that down to 9,000 for non steel parts = 900,000 lbs.

That comes to over 12,000,000 lbs for that one aid package alone which I assume is going to have to be replaced with something so yep if you need grip screws better get em now.

Now the good news/bad news is that Ukraine farmers are gathering up massive amounts of blown up Russian armor that can be recycled but the bad news is Russian has bombed the shit out of the Azovstal steel plant that could have done that.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-04-22 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    I did not interrogate the person who told me this. We were discussing a number of topics and I didn't think much of this until our discussion was over. Like any good journalist (on the internet), a person must have 3 sources to confirm something.

I only have one source right now but I'm looking to confirm this.

This fellow seems to think there will be domestic steel shortages in our future.

He claims a number of supply chain issues are affecting the manufacturing of guns and ammo.
    Are you creating a rumor to induce a panic in materials purchases with one source?

Have steel prices increased much recently? If it were true, specialized steel prices would skyrocket and this would be a signal to the barrel makers who would raise prices immediately.

Right now common ammunition calibers are in good supply and prices have stabilized. If what you say is true it will be reflected in increased price soon. Secretes like that don't remain uncovered for long.

As of the time you wrote this post there is no evidence of what you say.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Shortages are going to be part of the new normal.
    The new normal until we get some sane people in office. Biden is driving this country off a cliff, Thelma and Louise style.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Which reminds me. Today was very pleasant and perfect for sailing. Took the gal out and quickly regretted my hasty decision. Within an hour I came so very, very close to sailing off the edge of the earth.
    Total BS. There is a large Ice Wall around the entire perimeter. You cannot sail off the edge. It is blocked by "Antarctica".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast