I recently found two rare FN GP35. One is a Denmark army pistol. About 1700 were delivered to Denmark in 1946.

I stupidly passed on this one (serial 1170) for $ 520 four years ago almost to the day

In fairness I had not developed the interest I have today for this model, and did not realise its historical significance. Also it looked worse in the flesh than on the pictures, with scratches and wear.

Nevertheless I’ve kicked myself a little bit since, as it was really dirt cheap.

Anyway, saw an add for another one, serial 0528, called the seller, had to convince him to sell it to me since we were two strongly interested parties, including offering $ 100.- above the asking price, and got it for $ 810.-

The other one is a Browning marked model in 7.65 mm Parabellum or .30 Luger. It’s a caliber I am fond of and I have accumulated several pistols in this caliber (Sig P210 & 220, Walther P 38, Swiss Luger). It was at an LGS for over a year at $ 1200. I visited this LGS for the first time in order to buy 30’000 rounds of 9mm ammo.

I took the opportunity to check the pistol and haggle the price. We agreed at $ 1000.-

Anyone knows when it was made ?