Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear pro Msa pro+ or swatcom active 8

Feedback Score

Ear pro Msa pro+ or swatcom active 8

I’m in the market for new ear pro. Like to stay around 300 but will spend a bit more of it is worth it. Looking specifically at the Msa Sordin pro + or swatcom active 8. These will be used in rain, snow, and sun. Mic is not necessary. I am also thinking of the neck band models but am not opposed to over the head if the neck band interferes with prone shooting. I have never used neck band ear pro before. Really looking for some opinions especially from those who have purchased recent models to know about current quality.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The SWATCom 8 looks like a branded MSA product. Same thing TCI is doing.

Feedback Score
    Basically rebranding and adding to the price then? That sucks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GRJ View Post
    Basically rebranding and adding to the price then? That sucks.
    Not really. I would assume that like the TEA HTH and old TCI DEHPs, they are based on a Sordin shell, but the internal electronics are different. Not heard too much about the SWATCOM8, but what I have is usually that they have incrementally better sound reproduction than the bog standard Pro/Pro-X.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-07-22 at 01:48.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any hands on experience with swatcom? Are they worth the extra money? Anyone use a somewhat recently purchased Msa Sordin pro+? How are they. Other recommendations for my use and price point?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don’t know if any single person that prefers the neck/behind the head stuff. The only reason for that was to work better with helmets but it apparently didn’t really and now there are several options for connecting directly to a helmet for a much better solution if desired. Any reason you’re not looking at Peltors?

My Sordins were hard enough to change the batteries on that I sold them just for that. I can change Peltor batteries while they’re on my head pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Don’t have the 500-600 to spend on the comtacs. The reason I was looking at the neck band is because I shoot a lot with a ball cap on. Over the head can push down on the nub on the top of some of my hats and it doesn’t feel good at all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since you don’t need comms, why is the comtac the only Peltor you’d consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Fair question. I guess they aren’t. I just really like the skin look of the sordins and comtacs. I am open to recommendations as long as they function how I want. Like I said earlier. I shoot in all weather conditions so they need to hold up to the environment.

Feedback Score
    Are they even producing the Sordin Supreme Pro+ these days? I thought those were discontinued ages ago.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast