Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bank CDs

Feedback Score

Bank CDs

Interest is dismal, but have extra money, worth dumping some money I to one for about 2%? Inflation is probably even more than that.

Where do gun owners drop investments?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wouldn't waste my time with CD's. They are safe, but that's about it. Depending on how much you have, you could look into a fixed indexed annuity. They make way better interest and are pretty safe. If you look into it, look for one with good interest and a good bonus. I just got into one with a 10 year term, and the bonus was 35%, highest I've ever seen.

P.S. Stay far far away from variable annuities...rip off.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 05-08-22 at 12:29.

Feedback Score
    That actually looks nice, but seems to be for retirement? Need to read more on it.
    Looking for a place to store some money for my son that has better returns then a savings.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You can get shorter terms like 5-7 years also, but they usually pay less interest and have lower bonuses. I don't think of them as necessarily just for retirement, although I am retired. I look at them as places to stash money and forget about it for a while, then turn on an income stream.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, exactly what I am looking for, thanks for the Intel. Let me read up on them.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    Interest is dismal, but have extra money, worth dumping some money I to one for about 2%? Inflation is probably even more than that.

Where do gun owners drop investments?
    2% ??? If I can find one at 2%, I'd be all over it. Sad state when 2% is good. I just had a CD matured last week, it was making 0.05%.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    9.62 for I savings bonds right now, TD website is a PITA to use and theres a 10K limit:
    https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv...esandterms.htm

Feedback Score
    It's was goldman Sachs, and capitol one, 60 month and capitol one was a bit less duration

Feedback Score
    Like Allen said the iBonds look pretty good, treasury website is a fortress to get into. Think it goes till Oct?
    But 9.62 is pretty good

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Fixed short term annuities currently at about 3% for 2 years 3.5% for three.

You can also pull 10 or 20% out per year if needed without penalty.

I'm considering one as part of my "anchor" strategy, wasn't worth it when the rates are lower but probably is now.

My advisor recommended these when I asked about CDs.

There are some minimum investment sizes involved in the above, however.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast