Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omusha .223 55 gr. FMJBT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Omusha .223 55 gr. FMJBT

Anybody know anything about or tried this ammo? Think it's made by PMP in South Africa or what's left of it. It's got a pretty good price point, around .48 cents per.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 05-08-22 at 23:24.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Haven't tried that specific stuff, but always enjoyed the 5.56 I've shot from PMP.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    I think old PMP is the most accurate milsurp ball ammo in my precision AR.

I don't 48¢/round is a good price point for milsurp ball. If you're desperate to buy ammo, OK, but don't kid yourself that this is a good deal...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I don't 48¢/round is a good price point for milsurp ball. If you're desperate to buy ammo, OK, but don't kid yourself that this is a good deal...
    I agree. I'm barely getting mild interest at $0.30 per round. And even then, I'm pulling the bullet and powder and making mexican match out of it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I agree. I'm barely getting mild interest at $0.30 per round.
    Hear, hear...

30¢/round was my "buy" price, back before California banned online ammo sales.

Earlier this year, I sold three cases of that (brass-cased Wolf and Frontier) for 40¢/round to a friend, not gouging, but making a tidy profit.

I figure I can reload ball 5.56 for <20¢/round, and I have components for 7,000rnds, so no way would I pay almost 50¢/round for ball.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I agree that .48 cents is far from optimum, but I have to start thinking of contingences. I'm starting to run low on factory ammo, and I'm down to my last 500 srp's. I used to buy .223 for the same .30 cents shipped all day and every day...in the past. Hand loading .223 has stopped being appealing to me these days, I'm just tired of all the prep. I know guys that forego trimming, but that is not my way. Just trying to figure out options for the end of the year. The days of .30 cent .223 I fear are gone forever.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I agree that .48 cents is far from optimum, but I have to start thinking of contingences... Just trying to figure out options for the end of the year. The days of .30 cent .223 I fear are gone forever.
    If that's your timeframe, then I would wait and see what happens in six months.

If the polls are right, then Pelosi and Schumer are going to be fired, and there won't be another gun control scare, and prices will go further towards back to somewhat normal: Maybe not 30¢/round again, but less than they are now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    If that's your timeframe, then I would wait and see what happens in six months.

If the polls are right, then Pelosi and Schumer are going to be fired, and there won't be another gun control scare, and prices will go further towards back to somewhat normal: Maybe not 30¢/round again, but less than they are now.
    Yeah, I'm waiting to see what happens, but trying to get a handle on some of these odd ball brands out there. I am going to have to bite the bullet on some small pistol primers soon though. Even with the pricey primers, I can still load 9mm a lot cheaper than factory.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That’s not a deal unless your comparing big box prices at $1.00 round. But you can buy decent ammo for a dollar which is also insane even for above average bullets. It’s just all still fckd up.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That’s not a deal unless your comparing big box prices at $1.00 round. But you can buy decent ammo for a dollar which is also insane even for above average bullets. It’s just all still fckd up.

PB
    I know you and Mark are into the more long range precision side of the game, I'm needing the typical 55 g FMJBT for my 3 gun matches. I generally don't shoot out much past 220 yds. So, something cheap and half way accurate is what I'm looking for. I'm not real keen on the steel cased Russian/East European stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast