Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big time sale on Stocks going on.

Feedback Score

Big time sale on Stocks going on.

Thanks Brandon.

Who knows where the bottom will be. I'm down over half of what I got in now. So get them while they are cheap!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The market has been tanking hard for a little over a month. 2 things drive the market...greed and fear. We are in the fear stage. I've heard that the sell off and/or correction is almost as bad as 2008, we'll see. Democrats destroy EVERY THING THEY TOUCH.

Feedback Score
    Whether this sticks or not, a correction (or worse) was inevitable. I don't count March 2020 as anything more than a blip. The market has been pumped relentlessly since then due to a glut of cash in people's pockets and a lack of other places to put it. I've heard more than a few discussing the recent 1-2 years as "Melt Up."

The stock market does not represent the economy, and the economy has been struggling under the weight of debt.

What will be interesting to me is whether or not this ends up being the end of "Modern Monetary Theory."
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Within 6 months the big sale on real estate should begin. Housing market is next.

I’ve been around long enough to see where a market like this is headed.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I finally checked my TSP yesterday. And then promptly moved everything into G funds. Wish I had done it $20,000 ago.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Within 6 months the big sale on real estate should begin. Housing market is next.

I’ve been around long enough to see where a market like this is headed.
    Yep. About to be a buyers market, if you got cash.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Buyin', buyin', buyin' - time to be a-buyin' - lotsa gold & silver - yee ha!!!

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    We’ve got cash. Debated paying off our home, but refinanced it instead at 2.25% fixed with the intention of investing in real estate instead once the market corrects.

I’m leaving my 401K alone. I can’t retire for another 17 years, so I don’t really get worried about it that far out. Plenty of time to recover if history is any indication.

My mom is about to list her home, and she needs to hurry up. Otherwise she’ll end up getting a lot less for it, or not selling at all. If she does get it sold, she’s going to have plenty of cash, and can stay with us when she relocates. Then all she has to do is wait.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We need Biden's border buddies to start investing in the market and help push the markets back to bull mode!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I finally checked my TSP yesterday. And then promptly moved everything into G funds. Wish I had done it $20,000 ago.
    My wife and I have the TSP maxed out ($27K a year). Every friggin' penny goes into the G Fund, and has since we started. Yes, shit for interest returns (maybe 1-2%) but you are guaranteed your principle. It is the safest bet with the lowest returns. Pick your poison. I hope to retire in maybe 4 years so I ain't taking ANY risk.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast