Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bought a snake infested property in Southern Louisiana

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Cottonmouths all DIE, mostly needlessly aggressive snake I've ever dealt with. I was actually canoeing near Markham Park and one of the damn things left the bank to swim out to my canoe just to be an ass.

If you have the opportunity to differentiate, several of them will likely be water bandits (non venomous but similar looking) and you might be able to sell them to pet stores. Weirdo people will pay lots of of money to own a snake. I "think" when I was a kid we got $25 per snake and the pet shop sold them for $75.

The mobile home probably needs to be burned down. If it has snakes, it definitely has roaches and roaches freak me out more than snakes.
    My wife got bit by a baby cottonmouth that happened to be near or on the walkway from my driveway to my front door after we moved to Naples. Thankfully it was a “warning” bite, no venom. I’d much rather come across a rattlesnake, they are shy in comparison. If water moccasin’s went extinct tomorrow, that would be fine with me.

Feedback Score
    This thread popped into my head today. Yesterday I get a phone call from my daughter and she immediately went on to tell me that she was sunbathing and was almost bit in the face by 2 snakes. She was laying out in the yard on a really low beach chair and she said she saw 2 gray snakes coming at her. She jumped off the chair as fast as possible and they were chasing her. I got home and noticed 3 shovels and a pole saw laying in the driveway. She said she was throwing them at the snakes while they were fighting with each other. I told her, “bruh, they weren’t fighting, they were making baby snakes” lol.
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 05-17-22 at 19:37.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789