Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Navy Littorals are cracking.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

US Navy Littorals are cracking.

American Mediocrity strikes again!

Can America build ANYTHING well?? I can run down a long list of crap I own that is cost cut garbage with piss poor design. Pretty much every appliance I own, my lawn mower, etc.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...2c44da445d9f8c
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yeah but its agile and stealthy.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Our Naval shipbuilding is an unmitigated disaster. Our Navy is a shambles, a shadow of its former self.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just yesterday watched a 2008 documentary called Factory City.... about a factory in China that has over 17,000 employees. Bright, modern, extremely efficient with an absolute demand for quality. The emloyees live there, work there, have families there, and are 100% devoted to their job.
    Having now worked in 7 factories alone, for well over 40 years...I can tell you with absolute certainty we cant come ANYWHERE near that level of production/efficiency or loyalty.
    Its free to watch..utterly fascinating, and totally changed my mind on how they work in China.
    I still go way out of my way & will pay more NOT to buy China made stuff when possible...but Ive yet to see USA made computers, phones, ect.
    And its a cold hard fact what markm said...a LOT of USA made products are poor quality crap. Ive lived long enough to remember when it wasnt that way at all. Damn shame.
    Personally- I blame WALMART for getting that Made in China ball rolling before Sam was even cold in the ground. Then, everyone else had to follow to stay competitive.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Good news is they just launched another one.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I just yesterday watched a 2008 documentary called Factory City.... about a factory in China that has over 17,000 employees. Bright, modern, extremely efficient with an absolute demand for quality. The emloyees live there, work there, have families there, and are 100% devoted to their job.
    Having now worked in 7 factories alone, for well over 40 years...I can tell you with absolute certainty we cant come ANYWHERE near that level of production/efficiency or loyalty.
    I agree, and that's extreme in the other direction, but DAMN. Our cultural is so QUICK BUCK/CORNER CUT that it's infuriating.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Its free to watch..utterly fascinating, and totally changed my mind on how they work in China.
    I still go way out of my way & will pay more NOT to buy China made stuff when possible...but Ive yet to see USA made computers, phones, ect.
    And its a cold hard fact what markm said...a LOT of USA made products are poor quality crap. Ive lived long enough to remember when it wasnt that way at all. Damn shame.
    Personally- I blame WALMART for getting that Made in China ball rolling before Sam was even cold in the ground. Then, everyone else had to follow to stay competitive.
    Any chance that’s propaganda and the Foxconn suicidal employee stories are more accurate?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Any chance that’s propaganda and the Foxconn suicidal employee stories are more accurate?
    Not that I could tell. Its free to watch...its also from 2008, so Id imagine its even bigger now. I couldnt believe how different it was from what I thought it was.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I agree, and that's extreme in the other direction, but DAMN. Our cultural is so QUICK BUCK/CORNER CUT that it's infuriating.
    And LAZY AS HELL. I can tell you stories from sun up to sun down, and barely scratch the surface of what Ive personally seen, heard & experienced the last 2-3 years alone.
    The 27 or so and under crowd Ive been around are WORTHLESS..almost to a person. I can & do daily outwork and outdo any of them...they are the whiny-est, crying-est bunch of pussies Ive ever heard. Im sorry gents but that the honest truth, our work ETHIC, or lack thereof, is simply atrocious. Im CONSTANTLY asked, last night even.."why you do so much" or "why you do that, you dont got to"...man that pisses me off. How our military can be an effective fighting force with shoddy made gear, lowered standards and the limp wristed peckerwoods, Id like to know. Do the high-ups think they can overcome this with technology? At SOME point theyve got to have MEN ready to put rounds downrange and if need be, fix bayonets, so to speak.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast