Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Whats Wrong with the Russian Army

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Hey man. You can start a separate thread and post about this subject if you need to. We aren't going to get this thread locked with bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I was surprised to learn that Ukrainian Army still has Political Officers. as well as Barrier troops/battalions (aka anti-retreat forces).

Ukrainian version of Nationalsozialistischer Führungsoffizier, I suppose.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Russia was and is extremely dependent upon trains. Its one of the reasons everyone got so much intel on what units were going where, and what their actual strength was vs doctrine.
    "Infantry wins battles, logistics wins wars.” So said Army General John J. Pershing

Methinks Ukraine is about to get a bunch of US trucks under lend lease along with who knows what else. Four RO/RO ships being activated. Under Turbo Activation they have 5-10 days to put to sea.

Neil Hauer
    @NeilPHauer
    Talking to a soldier in Kramatorsk, just back from the Izyum front. "Our main problem is logistics. In the US army, for every 10 tanks, they have 15 supply trucks. Here, with our shitty post-Soviet doctrine, for every 10 tanks we have 3."

Sal Mercogliano (WGOW Shipping)
    @mercoglianos
    Turbo Activation for @US_TRANSCOM @MSCSealift @DOTMARAD underway with #GemState, #CapeInscription, #CapeKnox & #Gordon.

OSINTdefender
    @sentdefender

For anyone wondering Turbo Activation is a no-notice Exercise by the U.S Military Sealift Command and the Department of Transportation's Maritime Administration to test the Ready Reserve Fleets Short-Notice Sealift Capability, I just think it’s interesting it’s taking place now.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-15-22 at 07:12.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Germany and French leaders are dickheads. Latvia has given 1/3 of it's defense budget to Ukraine.

Visegrád 24
    @visegrad24
    Latvian Deputy PM and Minister of Defence
    @Pabriks
    putting it bluntly:

“The Baltic states used to be one of the most German-friendly regions. The trust in Germany is now close to zero. There is no Baltic policy in Germany”.

WithUkraine 24/7
    @With__Ukraine
    4/ Latvian President Egils Levits
    @valstsgriba
    : "Latvia has already spent a third of its annual budget on defense for #Ukraine.

Latvia will also help Ukraine with grain exports so that it can be shipped from Latvian ports. The government is already working in this direction."
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-15-22 at 07:19.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hey Russia hows that "keep Ukraine out of NATO" plan working for you. Honestly after seeing Russia's performance in Ukraine I think Finland could take them on alone. A Finn volunteer in Ukraine said the biggest problem with Western and Ukrainian leadership is they have forgotten how to operate in an environment without air superiority. While in the neatly rowed tent camps in Western Ukraine the Finn's tried to tell them they needed to disperse to no avail so the Finn's left the tents, went into the woods and slept in foxholes, shortly thereafter a tent camp got hit by a missile.

Visegrád 24
    @visegrad24

Finland’s president Niinistö spoke some Swedish at today’s press conference announcing Finland’s NATO application.

He said: “it was previously said in Sweden that Finland’s cause is ours. Now it can be said that Sweden’s cause is ours too.”

The words are from a WW2 poster
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-15-22 at 07:42.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lot's of USSR flags and patches showing up in Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1523515648282095616

Rob Lee
    @RALee85
    Rosgvardia spetsnaz in Kharkiv Oblast with a Soviet flag.
    https://t.me/RUSICHZV/3005

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1525766818312376320

Rob Lee
    @RALee85
    Russian tank with a Soviet flag. 11/
    https://t.me/Ugolok_Sitha/6272

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Bad idea to get your tank stuck in the mud.

https://twitter.com/Blue_Sauron/stat...47125841567752

BlueSauron��️
    @Blue_Sauron

Rare combat footage of Ukrainian serviceman finishing off a Russian tank using a FGM-148 Javelin missile.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...15-p5alea.html

London/Kyiv: Russia has probably lost around a third of the ground forces it deployed to Ukraine and its offensive in the Donbas region “has lost momentum and fallen significantly behind schedule”, British military intelligence said.

“Despite small-scale initial advances, Russia has failed to achieve substantial territorial gains over the past month whilst sustaining consistently high levels of attrition,” the British defence ministry said on Twitter.

At this point you have to wonder what Putin can do to get out of this mess. Obviously, he has bitten off more than he can chew and even he has to know this by now. That being said, it isn't like he is totally out of options. A few I can think of are....

1. Try to call it off where he is at now. It isn't like he hasn't gotten anything. The problem with this strategy is Ukraine has no reason to agree to it. They seem to be pushing the Russians back at Kherson and giving them hell at Melitopol. Of course, the Azov brigade is still holed up in Mariupol after months of it being "days from falling". His best bet would be to try and give away a bunch of area around Kherson in exchange for Melitopol and those areas. Still, it is hard to see how Ukraine would agree to this unless Russia shows they can hold it. With ever increasing amounts of very high quality western equipment, training and intelligence, it is hard to Russia really pulling off anything at this point.

2. He can basically threaten to nuke Kiev if they don't come to terms. Frankly, I figured this was the end game months ago. I figured Vlad would basically say I keep everything east of Dnieper and you guys get keep radiation at Chernobyl levels. Given how casual they have been with their nuclear threats this strategy is actually becoming less useful. If they would have kept their cool they could have delivered this threat in a matter of fact way (you have 72 hours to cease fire an retreat west of the Dniepeer, also the west must stop sending equipment, blah blah).

3. Pull a Joe Biden, and say that he has achieved his goals and leave it to the pro-Russian Ukrainians and see how that works out. Do in exchange for a lifting of sanctions and agreement Ukraine won't join Nato for 10 years, etc.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wait this can't be right Russia destroyed 347% of the Ukrainian AF in the first days of the war.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/s...58046089510912

OSINTtechnical
    @Osinttechnical
    More heavy Ukrainian strike aircraft activity in the Izyum area, SU-25s at low level.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    "Infantry wins battles, logistics wins wars.” So said Army General John J. Pershing

Methinks Ukraine is about to get a bunch of US trucks under lend lease along with who knows what else. Four RO/RO ships being activated. Under Turbo Activation they have 5-10 days to put to sea.
    It saved the commies in WWII bigly, now gonna do the same for the Uke's. My sense is, at least the Uke's will show public appreciation for that assist, if/when they survive the current assault on their sovereignty.

The commies didn't even send a Christmas card...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sealift Reserve Fleet updates, all four of the Turbo Activation ships are under way to different ports I assume to take on cargo.

edited the fourth ship is also under way
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-15-22 at 19:18.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast