Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Whats Wrong with the Russian Army

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyStranger View Post
    The battle for Sievierodonetsk, which lies on the eastern side of the Siverskyi Donets River, has become the focus of attention as Russia ekes out slow but solid gains in the Donbas, comprising of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions.

Russia’s fixation on Sievierodonetsk had drawn resources from other battlefronts and as result they had made little progress elsewhere, according to the Washington-based Institute for the Study of War.
    We should print more money to help them out...

But in the end they will still lose the Donbass, and Crimea. No way they are getting any of that back.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    We should print more money to help them out...

But in the end they will still lose the Donbass, and Crimea. No way they are getting any of that back.

Early on I would definitely have agreed with you. If I had to bet I would still guess you are right. But after seeing the performance of the Russian military over the past few months I am no longer as confident.
    o
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For anyone interested, Perun did a pretty decent video showing just how corruption can rot a military organization. Nothing earth-shattering in it, but a decent analysis.

It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    For anyone interested, Perun did a pretty decent video showing just how corruption can rot a military organization. Nothing earth-shattering in it, but a decent analysis.
    You have been realllly quiet since Russia has been slowly but steadily gaining ground here lately...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

The New Whats Wrong with the Russian Army

You have been realllly quiet since Russia has been slowly but steadily gaining ground here lately...

Anything Russia does at this point is not success. By almost all estimations, this should’ve been over weeks to months ago so there is nothing Russia can do that they should be proud of. Similarity, POS supporters of Russia in this war should never be talking shit because of how pathetic it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 06-01-22 at 23:49.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So Russia masses forces, launches massive artillery barrages, attacks with 7:1 advantage and makes small gains and this counts as success? Meanwhile sucking in troops from other regions opens them up to Ukrainian counter offensives in Kharkov and now Kerson.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 06-02-22 at 06:58.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Warfare in the age of social media, kudo's to Baykar Tech for donating the drone and using to money for humanitarian aid.

Oryx
    @oryxspioenkop
    Answering The Call: Heavy Weaponry Supplied To #Ukraine 🇺🇦

Updated with:

- 1 Bayraktar TB2 UCAV (Crowdfunded by the Lithuanian public. Subsequently given by Baykar Tech free of charge with the €6 million collected used for humanitarian aid)

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If there had been anything worth commenting on lately, I would have. I could also share the articles talking about Ukrainian success in the south, but we've likely all seen those as well, so, what's the point? If you would like me to comment on either, here it is: Let's not blow taking small bits of territory with the majority of a nation's combat power out of proportion. We're seeing WWI level of territorial gains with modern weapons and resources. The entire war has bogged down, and while both sides certainly are capable of taking territory, how much territory they can take seems to be very limited, and the casualties they take are ridiculously high in the process.

Once more, however, the glee that you show when talking about a dictatorial regime attacking an independent country is sickening.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Warfare in the modern era.

Steve Beynon
    @StevenBeynon
    A Washington state Guardsman received a phone call from a Ukrainian who has an issue with the Javelin. Guardsman talked him through it. 30 minutes later, Guardsman gets a call from the Ukrainian who just blew up a Russia vehicle.

This Guardsman and Ukrainian befriended each other during a relatively recent Washington deployment to the country before the war.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Warfare in the modern era.

Steve Beynon
    @StevenBeynon
    A Washington state Guardsman received a phone call from a Ukrainian who has an issue with the Javelin. Guardsman talked him through it. 30 minutes later, Guardsman gets a call from the Ukrainian who just blew up a Russia vehicle.
    Yes, sounds like a true story.

Next up - Ukrainian dials a call center in India, they launch a ballistic missile on his behalf and in 15 minutes completely stop a Russian offensive and destroy a statue of a communist leader in some unknown and abandoned Ukrainian coalmine town.
    Last edited by alx01; 06-02-22 at 17:14.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast