Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Sage Dynamics Edition 12.5” AR Pistol

Feedback Score

Sons of Liberty Sage Dynamics Edition 12.5” AR Pistol

I was wondering if anyone knows how often they make these and how hard they are to get a hold of brand new? I’m assuming they sell out right away from various vendors because everywhere I look online they are sold out. How does the Rosco barrel in this gun compared to other barrel manufacturers? I’ve heard of Rosco barrels but do not know much about them. Thank you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have three or four Rosco barrels. Two of their stainless and two of their nitride coated barrels. I cannot speak to barrel life yet but there is an interesting autopsy on the SOTAR page of one that was run at full auto for something like 10k rounds. Held up pretty well. Anyway the ones I have are gassed really well and accurate. The Purebred version I have in my 13.7 rifle is MOA all day with the right ammo. As is the 16 inch nitride one I own. I think they are a screaming deal for the money. Are they a Criterion? Nope. But I would say they are 80% of one for less than half the cost. That being said, I was kind of amazed they put a Rosco barrel in a $2300 rifle. As much as I love them I think a rifle in that price range would warrant a higher end name.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Profit margin. “Good enough”, is good enough.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I have three or four Rosco barrels. Two of their stainless and two of their nitride coated barrels. I cannot speak to barrel life yet but there is an interesting autopsy on the SOTAR page of one that was run at full auto for something like 10k rounds. Held up pretty well. Anyway the ones I have are gassed really well and accurate. The Purebred version I have in my 13.7 rifle is MOA all day with the right ammo. As is the 16 inch nitride one I own. I think they are a screaming deal for the money. Are they a Criterion? Nope. But I would say they are 80% of one for less than half the cost. That being said, I was kind of amazed they put a Rosco barrel in a $2300 rifle. As much as I love them I think a rifle in that price range would warrant a higher end name.
    How would they compare to say Ballistic Advantage?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    How would they compare to say Ballistic Advantage?

I would take them over a BA barrel. Just my opinion but I think they are made better than the BAs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Profit margin. “Good enough”, is good enough.
    Maybe? I know Aaron Cowan has done at least one video where he tests the rosco upper and raves about the performance and accuracy so maybe it was by his direction? Either way at that price point it seems like a mismatch. I am pretty sure I could build that rifle for less.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Maybe? I know Aaron Cowan has done at least one video where he tests the rosco upper and raves about the performance and accuracy so maybe it was by his direction? Either way at that price point it seems like a mismatch. I am pretty sure I could build that rifle for less.
    There also used to be a Sage Dynamics PWS rifle. If I recall, the biggest difference from a regular PWS was the color.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    There also used to be a Sage Dynamics PWS rifle. If I recall, the biggest difference from a regular PWS was the color.
    LOL right? I remember that one too. I like the guy's channel and he definitely abuses his stuff in the name of testing. But in general I tend to look at any signature series gun as a bit of a gimmick. I like SOLGW. I like PWS. Own some stuff from both of them. But wouldn't pay a premium for a signature series anything. I think Costa did this too and it was like a $2800 LaRue AR. I also think at one point Cowan was "sponsored" by PWS IIRC? Very few true gun reviewers out there who aren't taking sponsor money. Just like how gun mags never gave a bad review on a manufacturer who had ad space in their rag.

Feedback Score
    LOL right? I remember that one too. I like the guy's channel and he definitely abuses his stuff in the name of testing. But in general I tend to look at any signature series gun as a bit of a gimmick. I like SOLGW. I like PWS. Own some stuff from both of them. But wouldn't pay a premium for a signature series anything. I think Costa did this too and it was like a $2800 LaRue AR. I also think at one point Cowan was "sponsored" by PWS IIRC? Very few true gun reviewers out there who aren't taking sponsor money. Just like how gun mags never gave a bad review on a manufacturer who had ad space in their rag.
    If you watch Cowan’s video online about the gun he talks about making this a gun where you aren’t paying for a signature name because he hates the idea of paying for a name. It looks like he had an idea for what he wanted and SOLGW did their magic to build the gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    If you watch Cowan’s video online about the gun he talks about making this a gun where you aren’t paying for a signature name because he hates the idea of paying for a name. It looks like he had an idea for what he wanted and SOLGW did their magic to build the gun.

Which is funny because then it gets, wait for it, marketed and sold as a signature series gun.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast