Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Liberty Sage Dynamics Edition 12.5” AR Pistol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Which is funny because then it gets, wait for it, marketed and sold as a signature series gun.
    I know what you mean, but I feel like if they really wanted to they could have charged another couple hundred bucks and people would still buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Maybe? I know Aaron Cowan has done at least one video where he tests the rosco upper and raves about the performance and accuracy so maybe it was by his direction? Either way at that price point it seems like a mismatch. I am pretty sure I could build that rifle for less.
    Yes. This is pretty much it. Gun is built to his preferred spec so that’s why it uses the Rosco barrel.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a1madrid View Post
    I know what you mean, but I feel like if they really wanted to they could have charged another couple hundred bucks and people would still buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Going to have to respectfully disagree. At a few hundred more you are already well beyond a PWS top of the line piston gun with full ambi lower and headed into KAC and LMT territory.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Going to have to respectfully disagree. At a few hundred more you are already well beyond a PWS top of the line piston gun with full ambi lower and headed into KAC and LMT territory.
    I agree with this assessment. It’s already well over $2000. Anymore and you get into the boutique manufacturers.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    As an example, I have a build using a SOLGW receiver set, an FCD A5 set up along with FCD parts for the lower and FA, Radian CH and ambi safety, LaRue MBT trigger, CMT hand guard and a Rosco 13.7 with a pinned and welded Knox. Oh and a Rubber City BCG with OCKS and Sprinco springs. In other words quality components. I think I am all in (sans optics) 1500 ish?

Feedback Score
    It's my understanding that SoLGW is inherently biased toward those barrels. For example, I was told that the new Presscheck gun has one at the insistence of Mihalski, despite Pressburg preferring a different barrel (I would assume that Pressburg's preference would be for a quality chrome-lined barrel or perhaps a stainless).
    Plus ηa change, plus c'est la mκme chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    It's my understanding that SoLGW is inherently biased toward those barrels. For example, I was told that the new Presscheck gun has one at the insistence of Mihalski, despite Pressburg preferring a different barrel (I would assume that Pressburg's preference would be for a quality chrome-lined barrel or perhaps a stainless).
    The barrel they used in the Sage gun is one of Rosco's stainless barrels. They also make nitride and phosphate/cl barrels. I had heard that SOLGW was using Rosco as ONE of their barrel suppliers but they weren't the only barrel supplier. Not sure where I heard that so treat it as such. I do know that the BAD Workhorse I picked up awhile back has a Rosco barrel and BCG in it. And there are other companies that use them as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I agree with this assessment. It’s already well over $2000. Anymore and you get into the boutique manufacturers.
    So a weapon in that price range is using a nitrided barrel? That is ridiculous and a cheap rip-off. I could see if it was an $800 AR but for $2K? Wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole for that much $$$ and yet a chintzy corner-cutting barrel (add I saw says it's a 4150 12.5″ CMV barrel, so it isn't SS).
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-13-22 at 19:18.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I also think at one point Cowan was "sponsored" by PWS IIRC?
    He was. I didn’t realize he wasn’t anymore. Didn’t that thing have a different barrel length that wasn’t otherwise available from PWS? I wanna say it was a 12.7”.

I have three or four Rosco barrels. Two of their stainless and two of their nitride coated barrels. I cannot speak to barrel life yet but there is an interesting autopsy on the SOTAR page of one that was run at full auto for something like 10k rounds. Held up pretty well..
    I’d expect a nitride barrel to be roached after 10k on a select fire that spends much time on auto.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    He was. I didn’t realize he wasn’t anymore. Didn’t that thing have a different barrel length that wasn’t otherwise available from PWS? I wanna say it was a 12.7”.

I’d expect a nitride barrel to be roached after 10k on a select fire that spends much time on auto.
    [Beavis and Butthead voice] "Heh heh, you said roached! Heh heh."
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast