Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I just cleaned my Geissele Super duty rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just cleaned my Geissele Super duty rifle and the BCG was filthy as usual. Wiped off the lower and CH, then I got to the barrel. The damn barrel cleaned up like my Kreiger barrels with around 10 patches, I gave up. And it was smooth as a silk driving the patch to fro.

Makes me believe these guns have some very nice barrels.

PB
    Seems like it should make for some outstanding accuracy, which I seem to recall you mentioning. Does your barrel seem to prefer lighter or heavier bullets if you shoot for group size (as opposed to long range)?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Seems like it should make for some outstanding accuracy, which I seem to recall you mentioning. Does your barrel seem to prefer lighter or heavier bullets if you shoot for group size (as opposed to long range)?
    We've only shot light bullets at grape fruit. No groups.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I will say it has shot a wide variety of loads well. We can try some 55grain v max loads next week
    Normally we are shooting heavies so we will make an effort to try some light bullets.

I found some 53 grain max ammo to try. We have some handholds too, somewhere? We will give these light bullets a try.

I heard that Superperformance is not the most accurate, but we will try see.

We have some Norma 55 grain FMJ to stay light and then up the weight to some 69 Outback Steakhouse ammo. Pharmaceutical grade packaging on the 69's. WTF ?

Last but not least, some good ole fashion MM handholds.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-17-22 at 16:54. Reason: found vmax

Feedback Score
    I just cleaned my Geissele Super duty rifle and the BCG was filthy as usual. Wiped off the lower and CH, then I got to the barrel. The damn barrel cleaned up like my Kreiger barrels with around 10 patches, I gave up. And it was smooth as a silk driving the patch to fro.

Makes me believe these guns have some very nice barrels.

PB
    Just curious, what solvent/cleaner do you use on your patches when cleaning your barrel? Thanks.
    “You can ignore reality, but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”- Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    Just curious, what solvent/cleaner do you use on your patches when cleaning your barrel? Thanks.
    Cane, I use anything. Used to use Frog lube a lot but have switched to Bore Tech Eliminator then a few patches of Lucas. I like to remove some copper then some CLP of some sort. I try not to clean so much the barrel needs a lengthy break in to get back optimal accuracy. This barrel never needed a break in but some do. I think just getting some of the crap out of there is good enough for me. I try not to do more damage than good in the process.

I think it also matters what patches you run for how smooth the patch runs. Some are more "grabby ..sticky " than others. Especially the Bore tech is kinda grabby in its nature vs other CLP type products.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Whatever you do, don’t make the mistake I did and buy a borescope.

Your barrels will never be clean enough again.

Hard to argue buying quality gear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post

I still don’t get them spotless, but it was good for seeing a carbon ring building up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post

That shit would scare me, if I saw everything then damn....

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    That shit would scare me, if I saw everything then damn....

PB
    I am OC about cleaning (the RIGHT way) and a borescope sent down at a later date once rocked my world! It looked like semi-shit after I had done my normal thorough cleaning. I decided to clean the bore until my normal "patch comes out the same color as it goes in" standard is met.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I am OC about cleaning (the RIGHT way) and a borescope sent down at a later date once rocked my world! It looked like semi-shit after I had done my normal thorough cleaning. I decided to clean the bore until my normal "patch comes out the same color as it goes in" standard is met.
    Do you use a copper remover? That shit takes forever to get all the copper out. I usually give up and move to CLP.

PB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12