Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Supermarket shooting 10 fatalities Buffalo, New York

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I watched the video, very reminiscent of the Christchurch NZ shooting from a few years ago. No I won't link to it or tell you where you can find it.
    Thats what I thought.

Then I read some of this guys' manifesto. Yea, he was a fan of the Christchurch attack.

This young guy hates everyone different than him, basically. Narcissist Incell likely. Needed psychological help but didn't get and / or didn't have the communication or support system he needed to control himself / understand his issues. Like other types of disasters several things contributed and any one of those things not contributing would have prevented this.

Despite all of his "reasons" he's probably like most loners who do this; Narcissist losers who blame everyone else but themselves for their problems and work up a "cause" justifying them killing random people. But all they really wanted was to kill people. The "reasons" just pumps themselves up to do it.

Then after the excitement, some shock, hearing people scream, seeing the blood, maybe getting hurt themselves by counter-attack, and several minutes of peak stress, it's too much. It's out of their system for now, like post-orgasm in a way. Now they come down and either kill themselves or just quit and surrender.

One of the contributing factors, if he watches and understands modern American media / education, was likely that he's been told his whole life he's bad because he's an unsavable, undesirable, Caucasian male. If he was having problems already and unable to deal with it this additional influence could have radicalized him. A guy with problems radicalized and driven to murder by the media and education system.

Just a guess, I ain't a psychiatrist.
    Last edited by Ron3; 05-15-22 at 00:16.

Feedback Score
    I haven't seen the video from his head cam in relation to the security guard:

How was the guard armed? I assume a 9mm semi pistol?
    Did he warn the shooter?
    How many shots did he get off and what was his cadence like?

I've gotten lazy since covid and carry just a Shield in a pocket holster, but usually with two back up mags. I like the ability to have my hand literally on my gun. I used to carry a MP9 with a red dot and a white light in a IWB holster, with at least one spare mag. That was after coming from a PSP, which I gave up after the Aurora Movie shooting- in the dark, longer range, rifle attacker. I'm thinking its time to go back up the capacity ladder. Sig XL class gun, two mags, red dot and definitely a small WL. And practice with longer strings. Even if you aren't able to defeat body armor, use VOA to make it painful until to start shooting off bits not armoured?

I have family in Buffalo. Been there. About the last place I would drive three hours to go to find a concentration of black people to shoot? WTFudge?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    So the shooter was from "Southern Tier", which is the lower half of New York State? So he didn't cross any state lines? And decided to go to Buffalo to look for black people to shoot? I guess that is what crazy does? So the guns, ammo, and mags were all from in State?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Ah... right on time. I knew it was a little to quiet on this front. To many things going wrong for the Party of Progress, and as the song goes, "somethings got ta give...."

Don't be hasty to buy into the MSM talking points - you're being New-Zealand'ed.
    The censorship machine is in full swing scrubbing this event as fast as they can, just like before, but after a couple hours of hasty research...everything about this is almost identical - even the way the event itself unfolds. The manifesto this guy had isn't even his - it's the SAME thing as the NZ one, just with some of the key questions changed to fit the US narrative. Literally mentions of covid vax, populism, internet 'radicalization' and Jan 6 in there. I mean, it really hit all the talking points...
    If you think I'm joking, whoever here still has the files from the NZ event, do compare both video and print evidence. Very concerning.

Nope, nothing to see here...
    It's not like we have a Jan 6 committee still ongoing or a domestic terror bill (based on one JB apparently wrote himself back in the day) sitting around waiting to be signed or anything...
    It's not like all their control-narratives from Covid to Jan 6th weren't failing utterly. (specific items edited from the original NZ manifesto in the Buffalo one)
    It's not like they've been getting dick-slapped in a number of states on gun rights. (another specific item from both manifestos, with some state-specific stuff in Buffalo's, plus alleged body armor)
    It's not like everyone isn't quite aware of our border and importation issues (an obvious item from both manifestos)
    It's not like it's obvious the entirety of The Party aren't utter incompetent nuts
    It's not like certain world events + said gross incompetence isn't about to lead to serious food supply issues
    It's not like all recent "domestic acts of terror" from NY subway to SUV hit-n-runner, to current Molotov Tossers For Women, and so on, have been nonwhites/leftists.
    It's not like Hollywood/Netflix/other propo manufactuers are finally feeling the wallet crushing effects of producing leftist propo nobody wants.
    Then of course "the horror" of Twtter getting (maybe) bought out by someone perhaps slightly less inclined towards rampant censorship (the internet being specifically mentioned as cause #1 in the Buffalo manifesto, with certain specific cookie-cutter talking point sites listed)
    And so forth.

Well, this plus Roe should handily get the flaming, sinking barge that is the Dem-soc party handily through the mid-terms, and then some. I can't wait to hear about how strong and presidential Biden is in his Finest Moment as they Enact Sweeping Legislation to combat {insert yourself here} Terrorism and other bad no-no things that make The Party ineffective at their goals.

I also find it amusing how some people are trying to tie this guy in with Ukraine's Azov group - will be interesting to see how fast that gets rug swept....

Also, why do these sorts always pick Bushmaster as their go-to brand?

Anyway, yeah... prepare thine anuses for you're about to be shit upon from a great federal height.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 05-15-22 at 02:57.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Confirmed body Armor, or just chest rig and errant shots?
    He had a PASGT type helmet (that apparently was mainly for gluing his go-pro camera to) and some of those stupid hard-knuckled gloves. I have not seen a photo of him from any other angle than first-person/post arrest, and as far as I can tell from what's available, there's not enough of an angle from the first-person view to tell what he's reloading from. So no idea on anything else torso-worn. IIRC, such items also either weren't mentioned in his checklist, or I missed it. Guesstimating from what I saw of the guy's alleged 'checklist', he is either 2 cents shy of a nickel, OR that was the second most pat thing I've read today. Not sure which...
    There was a news story with a post-arrest shot of some of his stuff laying in a pile, but IIRC, I only saw a helmet there too.

Of course, as this is all new info, I could be wrong.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    ... That means an AR or AK... The perfect storm for the 2nd Amendment. This is going to be a big sh*t sandwich, and we're all going to have to take a bite....
    You can have mine. My AR’s & AK’s have never hurt anyone so they’re not going anywhere...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    . I'm thinking its time to go back up the capacity ladder. Sig XL class gun, two mags, red dot and definitely a small WL. And practice with longer strings. Even if you aren't able to defeat body armor, use VOA to make it painful until to start shooting off bits not armoured?
    In force on force scenario training with sims, or realistic-ish paper targets, and in actual fights, it is common for moderately well skilled shooters to focus on the opponents’ weapons and shoot that, the forearms, and torso. Particularly in scenarios that evolve from “no shoot”, to “shoot”. IMO, mobility, skill, will to survive, and mag capacity can negate light armor in some scenarios. I suspect this is the driving force behind some LEO quals (BCSO, NC State, others) requiring you to switch hands, although I wish they’d find a better way to do it. When I put on body armor, I don’t go around thinking I’m invincible like when I was 20.

Someone like dwhitehorne or 26inf probably has stats on my previous paragraph, but I think you’re on the right track by considering a capable gun and training for more than 2 shots per target. I’m fond of longer strings, especially with pistols. During the GWOT, we recognized that exclusively firing 2 shots in CQM was causing training scars and attempted to change it up within our limitations. Like Pat said, keep shooting until they catch fire or change shape. In my personal practice, unless shooting a rigid standardized drill, I shoot either 1 or 3+ rnds, depending on what I’m trying to work on, and I “make up” all non A or -0 hits, which screws me in IDPA matches. I’m also fond of reactive targetry and multi-target arrays, not because 3 targets are always going to pop up, but because targets can move, and sometimes 9 well placed shots are better than 2. Thats part of the real value of our favorite 3 target drills, and the Langdon FAST and Mozambique are tits, as well.

I still get annoyed by the 1 shot per target allotted for Army rifle and pistol quals, although they have improved significantly over the past 15 years. Don’t get me started on the other services.
    Last edited by 1168; 05-15-22 at 04:49.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    But quite a coincidence, especially right now.
    Yeah, so weird, almost like he’s tailor-made for an agenda.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I wonder if he'll Epstein himself in jail.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    In force on force scenario training with sims, or realistic-ish paper targets, and in actual fights, it is common for moderately well skilled shooters to focus on the opponents’ weapons and shoot that, the forearms, and torso. Particularly in scenarios that evolve from “no shoot”, to “shoot”. IMO, mobility, skill, will to survive, and mag capacity can negate light armor in some scenarios. I suspect this is the driving force behind some LEO quals (BCSO, NC State, others) requiring you to switch hands, although I wish they’d find a better way to do it. When I put on body armor, I don’t go around thinking I’m invincible like when I was 20.

Someone like dwhitehorne or 26inf probably has stats on my previous paragraph, but I think you’re on the right track by considering a capable gun and training for more than 2 shots per target. I’m fond of longer strings, especially with pistols. During the GWOT, we recognized that exclusively firing 2 shots in CQM was causing training scars and attempted to change it up within our limitations. Like Pat said, keep shooting until they catch fire or change shape. In my personal practice, unless shooting a rigid standardized drill, I shoot either 1 or 3+ rnds, depending on what I’m trying to work on, and I “make up” all non A or -0 hits, which screws me in IDPA matches. I’m also fond of reactive targetry and multi-target arrays, not because 3 targets are always going to pop up, but because targets can move, and sometimes 9 well placed shots are better than 2. Thats part of the real value of our favorite 3 target drills, and the Langdon FAST and Mozambique are tits, as well.

I still get annoyed by the 1 shot per target allotted for Army rifle and pistol quals, although they have improved significantly over the past 15 years. Don’t get me started on the other services.
    I picked up a large bowling pin shaped target and a 6 inch round target that I was thinking about putting behind an IPSC target for a spine and head. Shoot until you get a 'ping', at least its shooting to some effect, not just round count. It's only rated for 22lr for practice, because I'm not going to blow through thousands of 9mm right now.

The good thing is that almost all these active shooters are alone- so at least chances are you can concentrate fire on them. Lots of local regular crime is going to be 1Vfew...

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast