Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul Glock 17 mags

Feedback Score

Magpul Glock 17 mags

Are these as reliable as Glock OEM mags?? I've tended to stick with Glock OEM stuff... but magpul are great in my AR, so I'd be willing if they were reliable.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have never had a failure with mine but I bought them understanding they are great range, etc mags. Glock mags are the ones to carry when its life or death.

Andy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My kid has one for his glock. Works fine, naturally, but they are not drop free at all.

I really like the ETS mags better. We bought one of each to play with. They all run, but for a range mag, the ETS's see through is nice. It feels brittle, but it's not. And it drops free.
    Last edited by markm; 05-16-22 at 13:05.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I've got 25 or so. Mostly 17s and 21s, but a few G19 and G26 mags. They have been utterly reliable with no maintenance and thousands (10k+) of rounds through them over several years.

ONE EXCEPTION: They do not particularly care for steel cases. The polymer tube and polymer coating seem to bind. Brass and aluminum cases are no problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only issue I have had with Pmag and ETS is something about Winchester Forged will stick in both tubes which I look at that as an ammo issue.

Glock factory and KCI will feed Forged without issue and I have never had a problem with KCI brand 17 and 19 mags which are generally the cheapest one of the bunch.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I just picked up (3) G19.5 and (2) 33rd OEM mag for $100, I just can't see a reason to buy anything else.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Everyone keeps telling me they suck with steel case, but are good otherwise. I haven’t had an excuse to shoot steel cased pistol ammo since like 2017, and I did not have any Magpul Glock mags then. They certainly eat brass cased ammo, and the half dozen or so in my circulation have digested a pile of brass with no stoppages. They also shoot NAS3 and nickel plated ammo. It appears that the only thing that slows down my Glocks is firing pin springs.

So, I think they are OK, even though I mainly choose factory mags and have a pile of those.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I just picked up (3) G19.5 and (2) 33rd OEM mag for $100, I just can't see a reason to buy anything else.
    Hey, a guy can ask!
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have like 5 or 6 of the 17 mags and had one of the 28(?) Round mags. Never had an issue with them at all. Even shooting steel case, though i don't shoot much of that.

I only use them for training/range mags though. Real use gets OEM mags.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Are these as reliable as Glock OEM mags?? I've tended to stick with Glock OEM stuff... but magpul are great in my AR, so I'd be willing if they were reliable.
    No they aren’t. If they get dirty, they will stop feeding correctly. Including just dropping in sand/gravel. They’re great for range trainjng, but not duty use. Don’t compare them to the AR PMAGs for reliability. Myself and several buddies have put them in the practice mag bin after experiencing numerous failures during matches due to dirt, Even after cleaning.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast