Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Glock 17 mags

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    No they aren’t. If they get dirty, they will stop feeding correctly. Including just dropping in sand/gravel. They’re great for range trainjng, but not duty use. Don’t compare them to the AR PMAGs for reliability. Myself and several buddies have put them in the practice mag bin after experiencing numerous failures during matches due to dirt, Even after cleaning.
    Good to know! Thank you sir.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    My OZ9's do not run reliably with Magpul mags (and interestingly they ship with Magpul mags). Guns run fine with Glock mags. This is consistent across 3 guns.

Haven't run Magpuls in a glock enough to form an opinion.

So far the Magpuls run fine in my Shadow Systems guns.

Yeah for SD I'd run a real Glock Mag in all of em.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My G19 magpuls didn't run in my MR920 for the first mag, but didnt have a issue on the second mag of 3 different mags...

Still I prefer Glock mags for SD

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I use the magpul mag exclusively at the range. I can not recall any types of failures across multiple pistols and multiple types of ammo.

I still use factory mags for carry but really it is just because I have plenty of them.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    No they aren’t. If they get dirty, they will stop feeding correctly. Including just dropping in sand/gravel. They’re great for range trainjng, but not duty use. Don’t compare them to the AR PMAGs for reliability. Myself and several buddies have put them in the practice mag bin after experiencing numerous failures during matches due to dirt, Even after cleaning.

This has been my experience as well - used in many different glocks with good brass cased ammo. I’ve had numerous issues with last round not feeding and locking slide open.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by quackhead View Post
    This has been my experience as well - used in many different glocks with good brass cased ammo. I’ve had numerous issues with last round not feeding and locking slide open.
    Almost wonder if it is a spring issue....Wonder if anyone has swapped out the stock one for a Wolff spring..

I might try that on a new mag when I go to the range at some point

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Are these as reliable as Glock OEM mags?? I've tended to stick with Glock OEM stuff... but magpul are great in my AR, so I'd be willing if they were reliable.
    I’ve had zero issues with my G17 and G19 magpul magazines. I think they are a great value for what they are. I also bought some 27 round magazines and they run well in my APC 9 Pro with the Glock lower. Zero issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Are these as reliable as Glock OEM mags?? I've tended to stick with Glock OEM stuff... but magpul are great in my AR, so I'd be willing if they were reliable.
    Used extensively, almost exclusively as training mags, some use as contingency/kit mags.
    More internal friction than OEM due to lack of metal liner, see comments above about steel cases and fouling.
    As springs near end of service life, that friction + less spring tension may present earlier feed or lockback issue than OEM.
    In the 21rd version, some reports of failure to eject on the last round. I remember duplicating it, but not the details.
    My early, heaviest used 17rd gl9s finally wore out and are gone. I have some of the 15rd still hanging on.
    It's a $9-12 magazine, better than it's price point, probably the only aftermarket magazine worth considering.
    gl9 vs OEM is usually only a ~$10-12/unit difference.

Hope that helps.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Only use them for training, so far no issues.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Work fine when clean or when using brass ammo exclusively.

Dirty and steel cased ammo, they really suck. Like you can flick off the top round with your finger and count "one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand..." before the next round is in position to feed.

I stocked up on OEM Glock 17/19 mags from Brownells when they had them for $189.99 for a ten pack and then you could stack a 10% off coupon. I figured between $17/shipped for OEM vs $13/shipped for Magpul, I was fine just going OEM Glock.

I sold off all the PMAGs I had never used and probably have 10 G19 unused and maybe another mixed 10 of 15/17/21rd bouncing around. I rarely use them.

Magpul hit it out of the park with AR15 mags. Glock mags... not so much...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast