Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Glock 17 mags

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    As already stated.

Clean, new, brass cased round nose ammo? They’re fine for training.

Anything outside of that and they’re not going to be reliable enough to bet tour life on.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I never had an issue (G17/19), thousands of rounds. I interchange them with OEM mags for daily carry. I trust them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CDNN has factory Glock mags in stock for 21.99 per..... just saying

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I've got 25 or so. Mostly 17s and 21s, but a few G19 and G26 mags. They have been utterly reliable with no maintenance and thousands (10k+) of rounds through them over several years.

ONE EXCEPTION: They do not particularly care for steel cases. The polymer tube and polymer coating seem to bind. Brass and aluminum cases are no problem.
    I've noticed that as well. My GL9-15s seem to bind up when using steel cased ammo.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    I have used both the PMAG for the Glock 17 and 19 for qualifications with Speer Gold Dot 124+ rounds w/o issue. No issue with duty ammo

Feedback Score
    I use the 21 round mags and have had no real issues. If they get really dirty. I would say after at least 2 serious training days they have issues. But since I clean my stuff after a training day no issues.

I use them in my Glock 34 and my CMMG Banshee.

Feedback Score
    I have 16 pmags for glocks. No issues this far. Loading steel can be more difficult than in OEM.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I use the 21 round mags and have had no real issues. If they get really dirty. I would say after at least 2 serious training days they have issues. But since I clean my stuff after a training day no issues.

I use them in my Glock 34 and my CMMG Banshee.
    How much ammo in 2 serious training days? Are you using a suppressor?

I don’t clean my 21s, but I also have a effpile of mags in my training bin, mostly factory, but a few 21s in there, also. My PCC uses Colt/Uzi mags.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    How much ammo in 2 serious training days? Are you using a suppressor?

I don’t clean my 21s, but I also have a effpile of mags in my training bin, mostly factory, but a few 21s in there, also. My PCC uses Colt/Uzi mags.
    I am obviously not answering for yoni, but I know mine will begin to jam up after a few cycles (full mag to empty) when I shoot them suppressed.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I am obviously not answering for yoni, but I know mine will begin to jam up after a few cycles (full mag to empty) when I shoot them suppressed.

Soli Deo Gloria
    Oh wow. My PMag 21s haven’t seen much use with my can and I also don’t usually fill them all the way up. Usually either 15-20 rounds (often random) or however many a drill/exercise calls for.

What can are you using? I’ve got an Odessa, and it doesn’t seem to filth the gun *too* badly.

It appears that I have some variables that I haven’t tested for. One of the reasons I recommend and use factory mags for carry or duty.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast