Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s Right with the Russian Army?

Feedback Score

What’s Right with the Russian Army?

Half the boots?

Other than that, what has really shined for those guys? They are looking like a cautionary tale right about now…
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Chime back in if Ukraine gets the Donbass back. (or Crimea)

No, I will not hold my breath waiting for it...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Chime back in if Ukraine gets the Donbass back. (or Crimea)

No, I will not hold my breath waiting for it...
    Oh good, you’re back.

You do realize that it’s looking like Ukraine may not have been exaggerating when they said they’ve pushed the Russians from Kharkiv all the way back to the border right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Russians have proven successful at being unsuccessful. But they are good at destroying cities and killing civilians.

The Russians wanted to quickly take Kyiv and overthrow the government, that failed. Then they wanted to encircle major cities and take them, that failed. Then they wanted to take the Donbas, and that has now failed. The Russians have failed to meet any and all expectations.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-17-22 at 09:06.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Oh good, you’re back.

You do realize that it’s looking like Ukraine may not have been exaggerating when they said they’ve pushed the Russians from Kharkiv all the way back to the border right?

I'm sure it's all part of Russia's 5D plan to eliminate the scourge of Naziism or some such nebulous plan. These aren't the armor columns you're looking for. They can go about their business...
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1.) They’re good at drinking vodka.

2.) They’re good at raising cash by selling their equipment.

3.) They’re good at destroying infrastructure and killing civilians.

4.) Most importantly the Russians are very good at propaganda. Just look at how many of their ball sack riders are on this forum still.

Feedback Score
    Here's a scathing article to be taken with a grain of salt.

Death by a thousand cuts: where is the west's Ukraine strategy?
    https://thecradle.co/Article/columns/10277

It's worth reading but the:

Fog of war falls dark and thick over Ukraine
    https://asiatimes.com/2022/02/fog-of...-over-ukraine/
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 05-17-22 at 13:52.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post

4.) Most importantly the Russians are very good at propaganda. Just look at how many of their ball sack riders are on this forum still.
    This article discusses this.

https://taskandpurpose.com/analysis/...a-war-ukraine/
    Last edited by 1168; 05-17-22 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Taking OP seriously...

1) They haven't done much in the way of full-scale routs, or unorganized retreat resulting in their slaughter, despite so many tactical defeats. (Organized retreat isn't winning, but isn't as bad as rout.)

2) They did finally take the Azovstal area after weeks and weeks of bombardment and probing.

Other than that, the Russian units sent to Ukraine look like poorly trained, poorly led troops, with poor planning, poor equipment, and terrible logistics. The navy and air forces don't look much better either, but thread title is army.

The biggest takeaways I've seen from Ukraine so far:
    -modern ATGMs are seriously effective, Russian tanks are deathtraps, and I wouldn't want to be in any tank or big armored vehicle on a battlefield today.
    -drones are an absolute game changer, even lower end drones can score hits, and even consumer drones can be very useful for target spotting and observing.
    -no stockpile of ammunition is large enough when shooting lasts more than 1-2 months

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Taking OP seriously...

1) They haven't done much in the way of full-scale routs, or unorganized retreat resulting in their slaughter, despite so many tactical defeats. (Organized retreat isn't winning, but isn't as bad as rout.)

2) They did finally take the Azovstal area after weeks and weeks of bombardment and probing.

Other than that, the Russian units sent to Ukraine look like poorly trained, poorly led troops, with poor planning, poor equipment, and terrible logistics. The navy and air forces don't look much better either, but thread title is army.

The biggest takeaways I've seen from Ukraine so far:
    -modern ATGMs are seriously effective, Russian tanks are deathtraps, and I wouldn't want to be in any tank or big armored vehicle on a battlefield today.
    -drones are an absolute game changer, even lower end drones can score hits, and even consumer drones can be very useful for target spotting and observing.
    -no stockpile of ammunition is large enough when shooting lasts more than 1-2 months
    Imagine the psychological effect of those drones too. I’ve been harassed by (obviously) non lethal drones at NTC when I was attached to an ODA and we flew down the mountain with full rucks to displace. Knowing that at any minute that little buzzing (if you can even hear it) could be dropping a mortar right on top of you has to take a toll on top of the one already taken knowing that accurate and heavy IDF may only be a few minutes out.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast