Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought with regards to auto glass. Now for shooting uphill/downhill......rule of thumb is to aim low for either situation, correct?
Sort of...you aim low when the dope for your line of sight distance is greater than the dope for your horizontal distance. This is always going to be the case on an angled shot, but there is a point to be made that it has nothing to do with gravity/elevation changes.

Let's assume you are 300y above your target, and your range finder (line of sight) says you are 1000 yards away. My dope for 1000 yards is 7.0 mils, but I'm not really shooting 1000 yards.

The actual horizontal distance is (C^2 = A^2 + B^2) or, 1,000,000 = 90,000 + B^2.

910,000 = B^2

953 yards = B is my true horizontal distance. If I were to fire 7.0 mils my round would fly way over the target, so I'd have to aim low (but really, I prefer to think of it as holding/dialing the correct amount of elevation for the true distance)

Or you can just buy a LRF that gives you the Horizontal distance via a calculator and not do any math