Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BCM MK2 Recoil Mitigation System

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Has anyone been able to verify if these buffers are interchangeable with Vltor A5 buffers?
    I’ve been running A5s for several years now and despite the minor weight differences, the MK2 has been interchangeable for me. It seems like it’s just their version of the A5. I’ve been using BCM intermediate tubes for a while anyway and the new MK2 named tubes are exactly the same.

I’m currently testing the Geissele rifle spring in this A5/MK2 system so we'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 06-20-22 at 11:57. Reason: Spelling
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Anyone get time with one of these?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Anyone get time with one of these?
    How about now?

Feedback Score
    The BCM Mk2 buffer is an improved /enhanced version of the VLTOR A5 buffer due to the internal biassing spring being larger and the bumper has an over-travel-stop to prevent the the biasing spring from over compressing. Other than that they're very similar and the difference would not be perceptible.

BCM buffer tubes are the smoothest on the market and are coated on the inside with teflon. The action spring is a standard rifle action spring.
    Last edited by prepare; 09-02-23 at 19:03.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Other than that they're very similar and the difference would not be perceptible.
    I have two recent BCM MK2 lowers. Comparing them to VLTOR A5 lowers I assembled, can't tell any difference in shooting. They work fine. But if you already have an A5 setup you like and don't need another lower, no reason to get an MK2. OTOH, if buying now, the MK2 just gives more options.

When putting together A5's in the past, it was kind of a piecemeal process, you'd have to get this part here, and that part there, at the time it seemed nobody had everything you needed in stock. Today, you can at least get complete A5 lowers from SOLGW if you're ok with a preassembled one.

Feedback Score
    I just caught wind of this thread while I was looking at the MK2 system on BCM's website.

so it seems like the MK2 is compatible with the VLTOR A5 system buffers and springs correct??? (my only worry about buying one of these is being trapped in a proprietary intermediate system where i could ONLY use BCM's T buffers in them..... I was hoping that the BCM MK2 and VLTOR A5 couldl use interchangeable buffers so in case I didn't have any A5Hx buffers from Vltor I could put a BCM buffer T2 in my Vltor tube, and vice versa etc...)
    Last edited by msedward43; 10-05-23 at 00:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    I just caught wind of this thread while I was looking at the MK2 system on BCM's website.

so it seems like the MK2 is compatible with the VLTOR A5 system buffers and springs correct??? (my only worry about buying one of these is being trapped in a proprietary intermediate system where i could ONLY use BCM's T buffers in them..... I was hoping that the BCM MK2 and VLTOR A5 couldl use interchangeable buffers so in case I didn't have any A5Hx buffers from Vltor I could put a BCM buffer T2 in my Vltor tube, and vice versa etc...)
    They’re all interchangeable and use rifle springs so nothing to worry about

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    In addition to that you can use a spacer like the one that comes with the Magpul UBR Gen2 in an MK2/A5/SR25 tube to allow use of a carbine spring and carbine buffer, so it's a very versatile extension.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    that's good to know. I was just mildly worried about investing in another competing but proprietary system...one of the joys of the carbine system is that I can swap buffers and springs at will across brands and setups. I just didn't want to get into ANOTHER system that would mean I'd have to keep track of another set of buffers that could only fit in the MK2 receiver extensions etc etc etc... when I already have to do that with the A5.

looking at the weights it looks like the Mk2 is basically an A5, just with their own buffer weights (talking to BCM this morning they used the mil-spec tungsten weights ONLY, which is how they got their weights different than an A5...and probably how they got around patent rights)

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    that's good to know. I was just mildly worried about investing in another competing but proprietary system...one of the joys of the carbine system is that I can swap buffers and springs at will across brands and setups. I just didn't want to get into ANOTHER system that would mean I'd have to keep track of another set of buffers that could only fit in the MK2 receiver extensions etc etc etc... when I already have to do that with the A5.

looking at the weights it looks like the Mk2 is basically an A5, just with their own buffer weights (talking to BCM this morning they used the mil-spec tungsten weights ONLY, which is how they got their weights different than an A5...and probably how they got around patent rights)
    They probably didn’t have to get around patents. BCM has been known to collaborate with Vltor on other projects, and the dude that designed the A5 works at BCM. For example, I’ve got a charging handle with both logos on it. Their Mk2 upper receiver went in some of the same directions as the MUR. Then there’s Kino uppers, Keymod, etc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345