Thread: Any experience with Tippman M4-22?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Any experience with Tippman M4-22?

Ive been strongly considering a 22 AR to train my daughter on how to use the rifle. My original plan was the S&W M&P15-22 but Ive seen a lot of good reviews on this newer Tippman M4-22. The newer models will accept almost all parts for a regular AR minus the obvious like BCG, barrel, and recoil spring. It looks to be a better M4 in 22lr that the S&W. But I dont know anyone that has one. Anyone here have experience with one?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A buddy recently bought one. It's clearly much higher quality than the S&W. It was accurate and reliable in the time I had with it. I liked it enough to almost buy one after shooting it.

Ended up just buying more ammo instead, but I still think about getting one now and then. If a 22lr AR is in my future, I'm fairly sure it would be a Tippman.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I've had a 15-22 since they were first introduced, and a CMMG for several years. Shooting acquaintance has a Tippman. Controls, reliability and accuracy for all three is good enough for father/daughter training purposes. 15-22 weighs significantly less if that makes any difference for your daughter. Otherwise, the Tippman is the way to go if someone wants a rimfire as close as possible to an AR.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 10-03-23 at 14:18.

Feedback Score
    Tippmann is the way to go IMO. In addition to parts comparability it has aluminum receivers unlike the M&P 15-22. I have the m4-22 elite and it has been very reliable. The mags are proprietary, but they are good quality with metal feed ramps and a sliding dust cover. Accuracy is better than my 10-22

I had a M&P 15-22 and it was a fun gun and reliable, but the Tippmann is better quality and i think makes for a better training rifle if that is what you are using it for.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    They are locally made for me and the quality is definitely much better than the S&W offering.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    Extremely happy with mine. Great quality and a good company. Nice mags too.

Skip