Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM MK2 Recoil Mitigation System

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What about the spring looks different?
    Just so everyone is clear, I’m talking about the spring inside the buffer. This is the patented feature of both.

The MK2 patent shows a spring that is the full diameter of the inside of the buffer. The A5 uses a smaller spring in a counterbore of the last buffer weight.

The recoil spring used is a standard rifle spring just like the A5. Buffers and receiver extensions should be compatible to mix and match between MK2 and A5.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The advantage is another source. Perhaps the larger diameter spring has a longer service life, but I don’t think I’ve ever head of an A5 failure.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can take the spring out of the buffer and it will be more reliable with marginal springs and gi mags.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    You can take the spring out of the buffer and it will be more reliable with marginal springs and gi mags.
    Done some pre-release testing on BCM’s new product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting that BCM drops stuff with so little fanfare.

Their redesigned flash comps have been out a while now and I’ve seen essentially no chatter or advertising.

Stick, do you know if they plan to sell this recoil mitigation system on complete lowers anytime soon?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A larger diameter spring seems like a good cost saving measure if now one of the weights does not need to be drilled. All weights are interchangeable.

Also the literature mentions length of travel of the weights. Maybe they have more travel than an a5 buffer?

Either way I think it’s likely a marginal or nonexistent improvement over the A5 so they could get around vltors patent and make their own a5 buffers.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Or information. I recently bought a new A5 RE and buffer but was looking at these, I passed as there just isn't much published info about them. And I'm not sure how much recoil mitigation I need using 5.56

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rm06 View Post
    Or information. I recently bought a new A5 RE and buffer but was looking at these, I passed as there just isn't much published info about them. And I'm not sure how much recoil mitigation I need using 5.56
    I just did the same thing, I was pretty sure it was the same dimensions of an A5 but just went with a regular A5 RE and A5H2.

I already have a drawer of stuff that I either didn't fully read the description or it wasn't what I thought it was.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post

Their redesigned flash comps have been out a while now and I’ve seen essentially no chatter or advertising.
    Yeah. I didn't even know they redid them.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rm06 View Post
    And I'm not sure how much recoil mitigation I need using 5.56
    Smoother shooting guns can be shot WAY faster for me. I start missing shot 2 on hammered pairs with a snappy AR.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast