Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BCM MK2 Recoil Mitigation System

Feedback Score
    I put an A5 set up in my 13.7 build recently. It's ok. Not sure if its a solution looking for a problem? I havent had the chance to shoot it in a class or do drills with it yet so not going to say I can or can't feel the difference. But just doing static range stuff I don't feel much if any of a difference

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I put an A5 set up in my 13.7 build recently. It's ok. Not sure if its a solution looking for a problem?
    It's really not. The rifle buffer spring/system is the original design and runs a little better than the compression ratio on the Carbine spring.

I havent had the chance to shoot it in a class or do drills with it yet so not going to say I can or can't feel the difference. But just doing static range stuff I don't feel much if any of a difference
    With the correct carbean (H2 buffer) set up, I can't really feel the difference. I won't change out an H2 carbine set up for the A5 system. But if I'm building from scratch, the A5 is worth the effort.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Smoother shooting guns can be shot WAY faster for me. I start missing shot 2 on hammered pairs with a snappy AR.
    Yup. Much of this stuff comes down to how in tune the shooter is with the weapon system. Guys all want to swear up and down they "know" their gun, and then mention in later threads they only shoot a couple hundred rounds every couple of months. They don't seem to understand that it takes living with the gun (literally or figuratively) to get to a point where they actually "feel" and know that individual weapon.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    It's really not. The rifle buffer spring/system is the original design and runs a little better than the compression ratio on the Carbine spring.

With the correct carbean (H2 buffer) set up, I can't really feel the difference. I won't change out an H2 carbine set up for the A5 system. But if I'm building from scratch, the A5 is worth the effort.
    I understand the tech behind it, and agree with it. More spring compressing over a longer distance should equal less wear and tear on the components at the very least. And to your second point I agree as well. I would add it to new builds going forward but not going to retro fit my current builds as I am happy with their set ups. Who knows, after I actually work with this rifle and put rounds through it I may be raving about it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I agree on worth it for a build, but not replacing a factory.

I have three colts. Two 6933s and a 6720, I havenÂ’t broken the castle nut staking on these and never will.

They are my only factory guns, most of my guns are builds and have an A5 receiver extension set up. I think anytime possible an A5 and LMT E-BCG are worth it on a build. (I only build to build ‘better than guns’ not the ‘I can do it for less’ bullshit)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Smoother shooting guns can be shot WAY faster for me. I start missing shot 2 on hammered pairs with a snappy AR.
    Years ago I shot some competitions, 2 gun type. I had a plain BCM middy with a Vltor rifle stock/spring/buffer, smoothest ever-I swear I was sights on waiting for the bolt to return after round one, but the sound from the scorer was great--AA, AA, AA--etc.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Has anyone been able to verify if these buffers are interchangeable with Vltor A5 buffers?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Has anyone been able to verify if these buffers are interchangeable with Vltor A5 buffers?
    I'd be surprised if not.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    In what way do you propose that they could not?

They use the same receiver extension, the same spring, and are designed by the same guy.

Feedback Score
    I have the original BCM Intermediate Receiver Extension (pre-MK2 Receiver Extension, which they say is similar), Sprinco green spring and a A5H2 buffer. No complaints.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast