Thread: Another; When is it considered "good to go"? thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Another; When is it considered "good to go"? thread

With a twist;

I have a S&W shield 40 that was carried by me for about a year. I shot it occasionally for function testing and decided it was not my favorite carry gun. So, it became my truck's center console gun. It got stolen during the height of the rona, mid 2020. Of course I filed a police report right away.
    Amazingly it was recovered a year and a half later during a routine traffic stop, and I recently got it back.

It appears to be okay. The barrel looks like it had literally only a round or two put through it since I last saw it in 2020, all the grooves are 100%. The grip is a little dirty inside, but nothing like a hard used piece. Functioning with snap caps = all is working.
    I'm going to get to the range tomorrow and put a box or three through it. If it functions perfectly, would you trust it again?

Or leave it in the safe and kept as a conversation/memory piece? "I wish this gun could tell a story" type of piece? If anything, it has taught me to not be so careless with my firearms.
    Last edited by matemike; 05-21-22 at 00:41.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain