Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 268

Thread: Psychological operations

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    611
    Feedback Score
    0

    Psychological operations

    Do you have what it takes?




    Another Runaway General: Army Deploys Psy-Ops on U.S. Senators

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...nators-178088/

    The U.S. Army illegally ordered a team of soldiers specializing in “psychological operations” to manipulate visiting American senators into providing more troops and funding for the war, Rolling Stone has learned – and when an officer tried to stop the operation, he was railroaded by military investigators.

    The orders came from the command of Lt. Gen. William Caldwell, a three-star general in charge of training Afghan troops – the linchpin of U.S. strategy in the war. Over a four-month period last year, a military cell devoted to what is known as “information operations” at Camp Eggers in Kabul was repeatedly pressured to target visiting senators and other VIPs who met with Caldwell. When the unit resisted the order, arguing that it violated U.S. laws prohibiting the use of propaganda against American citizens, it was subjected to a campaign of retaliation.


    Military campaign to influence public opinion continued after defence chief shut it down

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/psy...rces-1.6079084

    "The military is permitted to run psychological operations while deployed abroad — but it is prohibited from doing so in Canada without specific permission from the federal cabinet."

    "The review document obtained by CBC News says the Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC), which was being led by Lt.-Gen. Mike Rouleau in April 2020, "liberally interpreted" department policy. The unit decided it had the authority to conduct information operations on Canadians without government approval because it was asked by the government to help with the response to the pandemic."

    Military leaders saw pandemic as unique opportunity to test propaganda techniques on Canadians, Forces report says

    https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...es-report-says

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    611
    Feedback Score
    0


    "Twitter Does Not Believe In Free Speech": Senior Engineer On Hidden Cam Says Company Is "Commie As F**k"
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...pany-commie-fk

    A senior Twitter engineer caught on hidden camera in another Project Veritas operation confirmed that the whole company is "commie as ****," and "does not believe in free speech."

    "Our jobs are at stake; he's a capitalist and we weren't really operating as capitalists, more like very socialist," he said, adding "we're all like commie as ****."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    8,186
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyStranger View Post
    Do you have what it takes?




    Another Runaway General: Army Deploys Psy-Ops on U.S. Senators

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...nators-178088/

    The U.S. Army illegally ordered a team of soldiers specializing in “psychological operations” to manipulate visiting American senators into providing more troops and funding for the war, Rolling Stone has learned – and when an officer tried to stop the operation, he was railroaded by military investigators.

    The orders came from the command of Lt. Gen. William Caldwell, a three-star general in charge of training Afghan troops – the linchpin of U.S. strategy in the war. Over a four-month period last year, a military cell devoted to what is known as “information operations” at Camp Eggers in Kabul was repeatedly pressured to target visiting senators and other VIPs who met with Caldwell. When the unit resisted the order, arguing that it violated U.S. laws prohibiting the use of propaganda against American citizens, it was subjected to a campaign of retaliation.


    Military campaign to influence public opinion continued after defence chief shut it down

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/psy...rces-1.6079084

    "The military is permitted to run psychological operations while deployed abroad — but it is prohibited from doing so in Canada without specific permission from the federal cabinet."

    "The review document obtained by CBC News says the Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC), which was being led by Lt.-Gen. Mike Rouleau in April 2020, "liberally interpreted" department policy. The unit decided it had the authority to conduct information operations on Canadians without government approval because it was asked by the government to help with the response to the pandemic."

    Military leaders saw pandemic as unique opportunity to test propaganda techniques on Canadians, Forces report says

    https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...es-report-says
    Wait, why are you posting anything from Rolling Stone are stuff about Canada?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    611
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Wait, why are you posting anything from Rolling Stone
    Seems like they were the first to report it so I thought I'd give them the credit.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-12571711
    A US Army general in Afghanistan has been accused of using "psychological operations" to influence US lawmakers.

    Lt Gen William Caldwell allegedly tasked "psy-ops" personnel to help him persuade legislators to support budget increases, Rolling Stone magazine said.

    The army strictly prohibits the use of psy-ops on US citizens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    are stuff about Canada?
    It's further evidence to show how widespread and connected it all is. Also there might be Canadians here reading. Good luck trying to protect freedom on Canadian forums. Psychological operations have them on lock-down. Sometimes I feel like an asylum seeker.

    I strongly believe gun owners should be well informed. Just like how I strongly believe gun owners should be well fed.
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 05-21-22 at 13:01.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    8,186
    Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyStranger View Post
    Seems like they were the first to report it so I thought I'd give them the credit.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-12571711
    A US Army general in Afghanistan has been accused of using "psychological operations" to influence US lawmakers.

    Lt Gen William Caldwell allegedly tasked "psy-ops" personnel to help him persuade legislators to support budget increases, Rolling Stone magazine said.

    The army strictly prohibits the use of psy-ops on US citizens.



    It's further evidence to show how widespread and connected it all is. Also there might be Canadians here reading. Good luck trying to protect freedom on Canadian forums. Psychological operations have them on lock-down. Sometimes I feel like an asylum seeker.

    I strongly believe gun owners should be well informed. Just like how I strongly believe gun owners should be well fed.
    So the quote you posted from BBC is just quoting Rolling Stone?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,043
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    So the quote you posted from BBC is just quoting Rolling Stone?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More of him taking stuff from the internet and reposting it on the internet.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    5,032
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Do you even begin to know what US PsyOps do or don’t do?
    RLTW

    “DShKM go brrrrrrr.” -Me

    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    611
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    So the quote you posted from BBC is just quoting Rolling Stone?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why would the BBC quote something that didn't happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    More of him taking stuff from the internet and reposting it on the internet.
    Because that's how you share authentic information. Would you rather gun owners remain ignorant of the real problem? What an odd statement.


    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Do you even begin to know what US PsyOps do or don’t do?
    Do you think they all have your best interests at heart? Are they countering or promoting the psychological war?

    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 05-21-22 at 17:20.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,043
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyStranger View Post
    Why would the BBC quote something that didn't happen?



    Because that's how you share authentic information. Would you rather gun owners remain ignorant of the real problem? What an odd statement.




    Do you think they all have your best interests at heart?

    No New Testament?

    And the letter may be authentic but who knows if the claims made in said letter are.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    5,032
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyStranger View Post
    Do you think they all have your best interests at heart?
    I mean, I coached them on WSL shit with 240s and then M17s this week and M4s last week, but you saw some shit on the internet, so you’re probably way more familiar.
    RLTW

    “DShKM go brrrrrrr.” -Me

    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •