Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrency crash: Buying, Holding, or Both?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    There is the ability to conduct transactions with it that are outside the government control. That potentially could be a benefit. But as you so simply put it is nothing more than another fiat currency. Exclusivity is not a sure store of wealth, just ask beanie baby collectors. Or tulips.
    I got into crypto (All BTC) early and got out when it hit $65K.

Everyone told me I was dumb and it would hit $100K or $200K+…

It may, but I doubt it.

I held onto a few just to have for diversity sake.

I moved a lot of it into gold, platinum, silver and lead.

I’m not buying more now, although I have thought about it.

If BTC drops to sub $10K I’ll bite some off.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    None, just casual observation. I may be wrong bur here is the way I understand it, computer data stored somewhere in the cloud is counted as wealth, pump and dump scams happen, hackers have been able to steal billions, supposed to be better than fiat but really neither is backed by anything other than faith. The downsides I see for crypto are EMP, grid failure, loss of internet, hacking, scams, government theft, loss of confidence. The upsides of crypto are like stocks in a bull market while they are increasing in value they're great but..... My current investment strategy is become grid independent, stockpile food and buy whiskey, lots and lots of whiskey.
    Then you may find the vid I posted interesting and of value. It's more a big picture view of BC and fiat, but good stuff I thought.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

One cannot "hold" what does not exist - I only hold Constitutional currency!

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post

It may, but I doubt it.

I did that with Tesla. Had purchases at tad under 200 when some were sure it was going under, sold when it hit 900. Some said I should hold cuz it would be worth X in the future. They may be right, and it did hit 1400 for a short time, but I felt that I'd gotten what I wanted from it, and put the profits from the sale in AMD and similar, and that's done well. I'd be amazed if BTC gets sub 10k, but you never know...I'm too big a pu$$y to put more than a few k into it, but it's fun money stuff.

HBAR is the coin I think has the potential to go big some day. If you look at the companies behind it, you'll see why...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-23-22 at 08:59.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post

It may, but I doubt it.

Good job. It keeps bouncing on it's 29K-30K support mark. If it does fall through it, there is no real support until about 9K and you might just get your scenario.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Good job. It keeps bouncing on it's 29K-30K support mark. If it does fall through it, there is no real support until about 9K and you might just get your scenario.
    Do you think one should hold off to purchasing BTC in the 29-30k ranges? It seems to have leveled off.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    One cannot "hold" what does not exist - I only hold Constitutional currency!
    So you don't have a bank account, a 401K or any stock, or credit cards, etc? You're going to the store and handing them gold coins? Again, do yourself a favor, and watch vid I posted for and excellent big picture discussion...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am holding for now. That could change in the future though.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've only dabbled in crypto so far, so I only have what amounts to pocket change in it. Just BTC and ETH...No shitcoins

Hodling for now. If BTC drops down to $20k or below, I might buy a bit more. ETH I'm probably good on, but when they actually manage to implement the POS fork that's been on the horizon for the last 2 years or whatever I may re-assess there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Do you think one should hold off to purchasing BTC in the 29-30k ranges? It seems to have leveled off.
    If you look at the charts, it has support at 29-30k. You can only bounce on glass so many time until it breaks. It has bounced on it a bunch. It is also trading below the 200 and 9 SMA, so probability is a negative on going up. Probability is just that though...indicators could be and are wrong at times...but odds are against it. If it does break through though, there is no real support until 9K.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast