Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cryptocurrency crash: Buying, Holding, or Both?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    HBAR is the coin I think has the potential to go big some day. If you look at the companies behind it, you'll see why...
    Yeah, I'm also keeping an eye on Hedera...It definitely has potential.

Bitcoin blockchain is going to have problems once we get closer to the issuance limit. I don't think transaction fees can be raised enough to motivate miners to properly secure the chain once issuance in near zero. Even if it does work, it'll become impossible to transact small amounts on the chain due to the fees involved. ETH is already expensive to transact and even with POS, it might not get much better. The wildly variable gas fees are an issue as well.

A protocol that's fast with low predictable fees and low energy overhead will be needed. Hedera checks all those boxes and it does have some pretty big names in its governance.

We'll see. I'm watching and waiting for now.
    Last edited by kerplode; 05-23-22 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some are bound to fail completely, I think it’s kinda like the dot com thing in a lot of ways. Without any distinctions a layman can understand it seems like a poor gamble.

Plus I’m super pessimistic about the Gov continuing to allowing it to remain outside of their control.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Yeah, I'm also keeping an eye on Hedera...It definitely has potential.

Bitcoin blockchain is going to have problems once we get closer to the issuance limit. I don't think transaction fees can be raised enough to motivate miners to properly secure the chain once issuance in near zero. Even if it does work, it'll become impossible to transact small amounts on the chain due to the fees involved. ETH is already expensive to transact and even with POS, it might not get much better. The wildly variable gas fees are an issue as well.

A protocol that's fast with low predictable fees and low energy overhead will be needed. Hedera checks all those boxes and it does have some pretty big names in its governance.

We'll see. I'm watching and waiting for now.
    I got some more. Blockchain computing etc we know is the future, and and their protocols etc don't get adopted considering who is involved, than no one will I suspect. They continue be surprisingly low key for what ever reason. I suspect/hope it's not a matter of if, but when, they pop, and their value goes way up, but when, is the real unknown there.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I continue to buy ETH sub 2k. I have some long dated calls on BTC, i.e. Q4 expiry. Scooped a few alts, not much, think we still go lower.
    Matthew 10:28

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123