Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any shame in what I would like to do?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Is there any shame in what I would like to do?

I have an older Glock 21 Gen2. I hunt deer but have never hunted with a hand gun. I also like the 10mm caliber and have dabbled in it a little. I was thinking of building an aftermarket 10mm upper/slide and barrel with an RMR cut to be used for hunting. Is there any shame in what I would like to do? Have others done caliber changes to the Glocks, or to any other handgun manufacture? Any recommendations as far as barrel and slide manufacture?

I live in California, unfortunately we are limited to the Glock 20 Gen2/3, and Glock 29 Gen3 as far as 10mm Glocks. Glock 20's are like hens teeth and demand a premium on the used market. Even at a premium they don't last long.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys.

-Geo
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn't do it. A pistol round does no more damage than punching a hole the size of the round in the target, while a rifle round does much more damage. I'm not a hunter and I see no joy in increasing the change of suffering on an animal. If I did hunt I would use the most effective tool for a fast kill. But that's just me.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't know anything about Glock 10mm conversions but what does shame have to do with anything? If you want to convert your Glock and hunt with it, do it.

Feedback Score
    oh the shame, you must bow your head in shame .

460 Roland is what you need to go for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9gfAgsyaRw&t=36s

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wounding animals for some self-handicapping thrill isn't my bag. But whatever.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Understand the limitations of the round and your own shooting ability. Personally I would limit my shots to traditional archery range and use a heavy flat-point solid.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shot a lot of deer with pistols. A 10mm G20 is GTG for that. Knowing your limitations, proximity, and shot placement is key.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you want to make a 10mm then make one. I wouldn't hunt deer with it though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As a side note:

I am an ethical hunter. I fill the freezer with what I harvest. I'm not into making creatures suffer by taking shots that will not offer desired results. The correct distance, shot placement and bullet choice is critical, I understand that. I've been hunting for a long time. If hunting is not you gig I respect that. Please don't assume I treat hunting as a joke or or with little regard.

There, I had to clear the air on the notion that I'll be using "Ball" or "FMJ" ammo and taking shots greater than 50 years.

Thanks guys for your input, much appreciated.
    Live free or die trying!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56Geo View Post
    As a side note:

I am an ethical hunter. I fill the freezer with what I harvest. I'm not into making creatures suffer by taking shots that will not offer desired results. The correct distance, shot placement and bullet choice is critical, I understand that. I've been hunting for a long time. If hunting is not you gig I respect that. Please don't assume I treat hunting as a joke or or with little regard.

There, I had to clear the air on the notion that I'll be using "Ball" or "FMJ" ammo and taking shots greater than 50 years.

Thanks guys for your input, much appreciated.
    I fall on the side of using a good bonded JHP and treating your hunt as if you were using archery equipment, and you're gtg. Practice your hunting shots from improvised field positions and limit your range to shots you know you can make.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast