Thread: 5/22 Tactical Games At ETTS

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

5/22 Tactical Games At ETTS

TL;DR-- It was a beat down

We had 8 stages over 2 days. Round count was approximately 250 pistol and 250 rifle. Rifle targets went to a max around 400 yards with the majority being in the 50 yard range. Pistol targets were in the 10 to 40 yard range. Weather was brutal on day one. We had a nice cool morning on day two that quickly went back to hot and humid.

As expected for the games... "Move this heavy thing to here, then shoot that" made up the majority of the work. The aggregate stages (stages a competitor completes at some point between their scheduled "real" stages each day) included a quick two gun style stage and a round bale jump/sprint stage.

The long movement stage was on day one which was 2.8 miles along a cattle trail on the only mountain in Waxahachie. Weight was competitors plate carrier and rifle in a pack with pistol on belt. Every foot step was a possible ankle roll and required the upmost attention to foot placement during the run.

I drank four Pedialytes and almost a case of water on day one.

We had a short run stage on day two that consisted of three laps around a quarter mile each with shooting after every quarter.

My plan for this match was to not push as hard on the physical work so I would hopefully be able to clean up my shooting. I struggle with reduced sized pistol targets even when I'm not smoked. Plan was working perfectly until I received a one minute remaining warning when I was a good minute from even being at the firing line. Time was called as I loaded my rifle. Plan worked swimmingly until that point and I picked up some "bonus" time for my failure.

There were around 160 competitors with 25'ish dropouts during the match. Lots of new guys at this match who didn't expect what they were presented with. I personally witnessed two match ending injuries with a rumor of the total being around ten.

My plan got me into the top third overall. Was looking for a better placement but I was bested by individuals who definitely put in the work prior to game day and earned their rank.

Anyways, if you've never completed a Tactical Games, I would suggest you sign up and come out for the "fun".

Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 05-23-22 at 13:39.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)