Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Specific Member's) UPS won’t ship ANY firearms related items or accessories.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

(Specific Member's) UPS won’t ship ANY firearms related items or accessories.

I was trying to ship a KAC T2 mount at my local UPS store, and I was told by several employees that they cannot ship ANY firearms related equipment or accessories from their location, or any other UPS store for that matter. I was then told I would have to drive to the nearest UPS hub (2 or 3 towns away) to ship my item. I informed them that the T2 mount was originally shipped to my house via UPS, to which they replied that there wasn’t anything they could do, as this was UPS corporate policy. I called UPS customer support, and received the same answer from their customer service representative. I asked the guy what difference does it make if I’m shipping a $200 piece of metal for a scope/firearm, or if I was shipping a $200 automotive part (because there would be no issue shipping the automotive part from a UPS store). He could not provide an answer. I also asked why my local UPS store couldn’t take my package, and required me to drive all the way to their hub, if in the end my local UPS store would send it to their hub anyway. He couldn’t answer that either. I interpret this as UPS doesn’t support the 2A community, so I’m going to stop using them. I took my package to a FedEx store, and shipped it from there with no issues.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's a lot of retards employed by UPS. I've had several similar experiences. I just say I'm shipping tools or something.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    UPS Stores are a franchise, not actually UPS. This bullshit is pretty common, I never ship "gun parts", it is always "machine parts".
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I shipped a barrel for threading through them (I don’t like using FedEx). It was a “metal tube”

Feedback Score
    The go to packing list should read that the box is full of antique car or motorcycle parts.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There's a lot of retards employed by UPS. I've had several similar experiences. I just say I'm shipping tools or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    UPS Stores are a franchise, not actually UPS. This bullshit is pretty common, I never ship "gun parts", it is always "machine parts".
    I called the UPS corporate customer service number, and received the same answers from their representative. So it seems as though this may not be just a policy of the franchise owner. Furthermore, I shouldn’t have to lie about shipping a scope mount, as it’s just a piece of machined metal. The fact that it’s OK to ship automotive parts and tools, which are also machine pieces of metal, but not a fire arm related scope mount is kind of insulting to the community as a whole.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Car Parts.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I never disclose. Always 'car parts' or something.

I have had a lot of guff from them, too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess one could always check the shipping rules, but what fun would that be?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    deleted. answered.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 05-23-22 at 15:43.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast