Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: (Specific Member's) UPS won’t ship ANY firearms related items or accessories.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I interpret this as UPS doesn’t support the 2A community, so I’m going to stop using them. I took my package to a FedEx store, and shipped it from there with no issues.
    Coincidence? UPS is the only company in Canada that ships ammo now.

https://thegunblog.ca/2021/05/28/can...k-to-industry/

Canpar and Loomis told customers yesterday they are no longer transporting firearms and ammunition as of noon.

They didn’t provide a reason.

They didn’t guarantee that orders that had already been loaded onto trucks would be delivered.

https://sifa.net.au/fedex-tnt-cancel...works%E2%80%9D.

The entire Australian firearms industry has been left blindsided and without a secure supply chain after FedEx / TNT cancelled crucial freight solutions for all Australian firearms businesses.

In a simple form letter sent to businesses across Australia, Matt Daniels Managing Director – Sales for FedEx / TNT advised “As we progress with FedEx-TNT integration, we are continuing to align TNT operations and transportation policies to FedEx Express. Effective from 9 August 2021, we will cease the transportation of firearms, weaponry and ammunition in both our Domestic and International networks”.

TNT was recently acquired by FedEx, and despite the Australian firearms industry having had freight contracts with TNT for decades, FedEx has without consultation and without warning cancelled crucial freight solutions for the entire industry, giving businesses less than 30 days to find another solution and prevent the industry from grinding to a halt.

Once you actually get out into it
    Last edited by FriendlyStranger; 05-23-22 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    PirateShip is the way.

Feedback Score
    I looked all over UPS Store and the UPS corp websites. The Stores website says nothing about nothing. UPS corp site talks about firearms as in legal guns, and specifically calls out that parts are cool as long as they are not the legal receiver or are parts to make a complete gun.

Someone should do a video of a USPS store refusing to send a rail grip panel, and then have someone go in with something that they say is used to change the gender of kids with out their parents consent. Let the hillarity ensue...
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 05-24-22 at 02:46.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Last time I went to a UPS store to ship something and they were nosy about it, I told them it was a defective sex toy being returned for a refund.

I try to keep it classy like that.

Feedback Score
    Why would you tell them exactly what it was in the first place?
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/sh.../firearms.page

Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS
    Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account using various UPS pickup services, or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities).

Note: Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes or UPS On-Call Pickup®, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store®, any third party retailer, or any UPS Access Point™ location.

When you are shipping a package that contains a handgun, you must verbally notify the UPS driver or UPS Customer Center clerk.

It's pretty clear that they listed the UPS Stores/third party retailers, etc. as locations that won't accept FIREARMS. So if the items being shipped is NOT defined as a firearm by the FFL, then it is allowed and accepted. Like many members have posted already, declare it as "machined parts".

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    PirateShip is the way.
    This is the way.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Hmmm...How do they make money? Maybe some kind of rate arbitrage where they charge you more for the shipping than it cost them?

Stuff like this being free is a little bit of a red flag for me. "Free" usually means that you are the product they're selling. If they're taking a cut of the shipping fee then that's probably NBD, but if they're selling your PII, then no...
    I'm assuming they are negotiating shipping rates with the various freight carriers under an economy of scale principle, similar to what a large corporation would do. They then sell shipping labels based on their negotiated cost structure at a slight markup to ensure their profitability, which I am perfectly fine with. Even with whatever markup they have, the shipping costs I pay at PirateShip are still significantly lower than dealing with the carriers directly.

I was skeptical at first as well, but have been using it online for almost a year with excellent results. My wife flips primitive antiques and I sell quit a bit online as well so we're using it almost daily.

No lines, no waiting, no morons. Click, print, ship...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Car Parts.
    Agreed, always say the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm confused how the person knew it was a firearm related part in the first place. It's not illegal to lie (provided we're talking "gun parts" and not an actual firearm, hazmat item, etc), but if it weighs on your conscience to be dishonest to a nosy stranger then just keep it vague.

I guarantee you the person behind the counter isn't going to bat an eye at you calling it "aircraft aluminum" or "machine parts"

As for FedEx...
    https://twitter.com/FedEx/status/968...-of-the-nra%2F
    “FedEx opposes assault rifles being in the hands of civilians. While we strongly support the constitutional right of U.S. citizens to own firearms subject to appropriate background checks, FedEx views assault rifles and large capacity magazines as an inherent potential danger to schools, workplaces, and communities when such weapons are misused. We therefore support restricting them to the military. Most important, FedEx believes urgent action is required at the local, state, and Federal level to protect schools and students from incidents such as the horrific tragedy in Florida on February 14th”
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 05-25-22 at 04:16.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast