Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Specific Member's) UPS won’t ship ANY firearms related items or accessories.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    UPS Store is not UPS. They are independent franchises of a subsidiary business.

You'll have less trouble if you go to the actual UPS hub.

For small parts that aren't actual firearms, you can probably just fudge the description and send it at UPS Store. Don't be cute with actual firearms, though...Take those to the hub and declare them properly.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Stop dealing with the turds at the shipping hubs / stores.

Step 1 - create a free account at Pirate Ship
    Step 2 - acquire a digital scale
    Step 3 - acquire a tape measure
    Step 4 - package your item, whether a gun part, car part, etc.
    Step 5 - weigh the package, measure the package dimensions
    Step 6 - enter the weight and dimensions into the appropriate fields on Pirate Ship
    Step 7 - decide what carrier you want to use, i.e. UPS, FedEx, USPS (all are shown with various pricing structures, add'l insurance, etc)
    Step 8 - print the label and attach to package
    Step 9 - schedule a pickup by the carrier or drop it at the post office, UPS store, or FedEx hub on your way to work

Unless an FFL is needed to legally process receipt of delivery, it isn't any of their business what is in the package. Period.

I don't tell them anything. I ship chainsaws, 2 stroke engines, auto parts, gun parts, knives, tools, gear, computer hardware, etc, etc, etc. Never had an issue. I typically insure the package to recover the product replacement and packaging cost. By using Pirate Ship, I also save a significant amount on shipping costs versus going to UPS or the post office directly.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    UPS Stores are a franchise, not actually UPS. This bullshit is pretty common, I never ship "gun parts", it is always "machine parts".
    This. And most "The UPS Store" locations suck horribly in all possible ways.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    UPS Stores are a franchise, not actually UPS. This bullshit is pretty common, I never ship "gun parts", it is always "machine parts".
    This.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    This. Eff em.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Never had issues. Simply electrical or plumbing items.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does Pirate Ship have a monthly fee??

I signed up with Shippo but haven't used them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    Stop dealing with the turds at the shipping hubs / stores.

Step 1 - create a free account at Pirate Ship
    Step 2 - acquire a digital scale
    Step 3 - acquire a tape measure
    Step 4 - package your item, whether a gun part, car part, etc.
    Step 5 - weigh the package, measure the package dimensions
    Step 6 - enter the weight and dimensions into the appropriate fields on Pirate Ship
    Step 7 - decide what carrier you want to use, i.e. UPS, FedEx, USPS (all are shown with various pricing structures, add'l insurance, etc)
    Step 8 - print the label and attach to package
    Step 9 - schedule a pickup by the carrier or drop it at the post office, UPS store, or FedEx hub on your way to work

Unless an FFL is needed to legally process receipt of delivery, it isn't any of their business what is in the package. Period.

I don't tell them anything. I ship chainsaws, 2 stroke engines, auto parts, gun parts, knives, tools, gear, computer hardware, etc, etc, etc. Never had an issue. I typically insure the package to recover the product replacement and packaging cost. By using Pirate Ship, I also save a significant amount on shipping costs versus going to UPS or the post office directly.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Yeah, it's a crap shoot. It's really no better at our local Fed-ex. Hell, it took me about an hour to get the post office to ship a rifle. They made me take it out of the box (it was an AR-15). And then the guy was TERRIFIED of it and asked me to please put it back. This was in middle GA. Good Lord.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Does Pirate Ship have a monthly fee??

I signed up with Shippo but haven't used them yet.
    No sir. No monthly fee or fee of any kind.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    No sir. No monthly fee or fee of any kind.
    Hmmm...How do they make money? Maybe some kind of rate arbitrage where they charge you more for the shipping than it cost them?

Stuff like this being free is a little bit of a red flag for me. "Free" usually means that you are the product they're selling. If they're taking a cut of the shipping fee then that's probably NBD, but if they're selling your PII, then no...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast