Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting: 19 children, 2 teachers killed

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Correct. See links below:

Two teens arrested in 'mass casualty' plot targeting a Uvalde middle school
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo.../285-548733035

Report: Columbine-inspired teens planned mass shooting at Uvalde middle school
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...s-12882042.php

Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ot-school.html

Texas Rep. Tony Gonzales says Uvalde gunman was arrested FOUR YEARS ago after telling people he planned to 'shoot up a school once he's a senior in 2022'

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Nailed it.

My complaint lies, solely, at the feet of municipal agencies. Their duties need to be shifted to the Sheriff's Office. Many of the issues would be mitigated. Unlike appointees, the Sheriff is elected and accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I am...disheartened, sad beyond belief, and disgusted. None of us have all the details, and having been in Law Enforcement for a decade, I can tell you that it is often best to make judgements based on facts alone, but....

What I see so far is not good. In fact it appears to be awful. I have responded to more than one active shooter in my career, and every officer who went ran right through the front doors in search of the problem. I don't understand why that didn't happen here, I just can not fathom it. I demand answers. I demand accountability.

I have small children. If the police refuse to rush into their school to protect them, then I am going to do it for them. If they want to try to stop me, they can have another gunfight on their hands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    There's nothing I can say to convince anyone that this is an isolated response. The truth is, I feel a little "defund the police" today too.

No one is coming, it's up to us. That's never been more true than now.

It’s happened before... take this failure and set in along side of everything else LE is currently sucking at and it’s hard not to see we have a huge problem.

The day before this occurred I was arguing with a buddy of mine who still work for my old department about the alarming number of homeowners being shot by cops thru doors, windows etc... because the homeowners thought a prowler was outside that turned out to be the cops.
    Last edited by tn1911; 05-27-22 at 10:16.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Unlike appointees, the Sheriff is elected and accountable.
    Still don’t keep them from running a shitshow of a department.

Here’s my local SO

White County Sheriff Oddie Shoupe and his department have been sued at least 50 times since he took office in 2006.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/ne...ics-by-sheriff
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Like Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell; for some insane reason, people keep electing these people.

Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Still don’t keep them from running a shitshow of a department.

Here’s my local SO

White County Sheriff Oddie Shoupe and his department have been sued at least 50 times since he took office in 2006.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/ne...ics-by-sheriff

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The police who went inside took no action against the shooter because they were afraid they’d get shot. They waited for a tactical unit. Source.
    No

They were in 4 minutes and 2 officers were shot. It was while they were in and could not breach the door they waited for TAC which never showed up and the AdHoc off duty border patrol took action

Meanwhile dozens of officers were evacing kids as seen on video

Feedback Score
    Like Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell; for some insane reason, people keep electing these people.
    Good point!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    No

They were in 4 minutes and 2 officers were shot. It was while they were in and could not breach the door they waited for TAC which never showed up and the AdHoc off duty border patrol took action

Meanwhile dozens of officers were evacing kids as seen on video

Uvalde Shooter Fired Outside School for 12 Minutes Before Entering

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uvalde-...se-11653588161

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nailed it.

My complaint lies, solely, at the feet of municipal agencies. Their duties need to be shifted to the Sheriff's Office. Many of the issues would be mitigated. Unlike appointees, the Sheriff is elected and accountable.
    Broward County proved that wrong. Even if he is no longer Sheriff post shooting, it didn’t stop his SOs from staying outside during the shooting. It was actually a neighboring PD that went in. We need to weed out the POS officers. How, I don’t know.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Excellent example.

I don’t know, either. I really don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    Broward County proved that wrong. Even if he is no longer Sheriff post shooting, it didn’t stop his SOs from staying outside during the shooting. It was actually a neighboring PD that went in. We need to weed out the POS officers. How, I don’t know.

Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast