Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting: 19 children, 2 teachers killed

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What are the actual relevant details we know so far? I'm avoiding searches as all it will do is bring up usual nonsense. Article by Lott on gun free zone policy of the school. etc:

https://crimeresearch.org/2022/05/an...de-texas-cisd/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    News reporting the lowlife targeted one classroom, then hid in it. Not clear if that is because he encountered resistance.

And the one border patrol officer was supposed to wait for backup but made the decision to go in by himself. Entered the classroom via the fatal funnel to take out the low life.

Reportedly responded in 3 minutes.

Given lack of photos or additional details regarding the shooter it's looking very likely that some of the early information about the lowlife is accurate (Hispanic name, etc.)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    After seeing the horror in the Buffalo video, I can only imagine this was 10 times worse. And now the scum politicians, media, and celebrities are all running their idiotic mouths.

Did you see that fukk, Steve Kerr? Shut up and go bounce a basketball you pin head!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddbtoth View Post
    Well, attention whores got to attention. They were determined to to be respected and feared.
    If I remember correctly, Whitman knew there was something mentally off with himself, and requested in his final letter that an autopsy be performed. A brain tumor was found. In the Whitman case, I don't think it was attention seeking. In these times, it seems a "look at me" attitude is prevalent however.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    In terms of what really was done/can be done to protect soft targets like elementary schools. First of all, just because it is distasteful to admit doesn't make it any less true that these incidents are still quite rare. Given the fact that there are 330 million people in America, even if assholes like this are one in a million we should have 30 of them floating around. Obviously, we can't all live in cells ourselves and giving up our firearms rights is no solution (given that on top of being the necessary counter to tyrannical government-- it doesn't even actually work to stop incidents like this---to paraphrase JP, "crazy finds a way").

So what can we do to protect the kids?-- because even if they are rare, these incidents have enough impact on us all that we should strive to stamp them out.

1. Trained and armed security plainly visible. Not some fat lady rent a cop that drives in a car between. 7 schools. I know this isn't perfect, because we have seen cowards before, but I think this would act as a deterrent for a large percentage of these nuts.

2. Mandate a certain percentage of teachers have ready access to weapons. I am not saying they have to have a Glock 45 in a drop leg. It seems to me that a coded or biometric safe on the dest of the teacher with a G17 or revolver with laser grips would be a good idea.

3. Actually spend money on mental health in the USA. Reopen the sanatoriums. In GA, we basically have ZERO place for the mentally ill to go. A straight up crazy person will be quickly "restored to sanity" with hard drugs and then sent to prison. The prison will typically want to get them out because they are a hassle to deal with. Then these poor bastards are left to their own demons.

4. What about a citizens militia? Basically a training program where pro-2A groups agree to protect these facilities? Obviously it would require a vetting process for training and mental health background checks. Basically the NRA/GOA etc propose to fund and provide protection. Then we all volunteer to protect these facilities. I am fully aware this would be objected to by the left. But it is something we could do.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    In terms of what really was done/can be done to protect soft targets like elementary schools. First of all, just because it is distasteful to admit doesn't make it any less true that these incidents are still quite rare. Given the fact that there are 330 million people in America, even if assholes like this are one in a million we should have 30 of them floating around. Obviously, we can't all live in cells ourselves and giving up our firearms rights is no solution (given that on top of being the necessary counter to tyrannical government-- it doesn't even actually work to stop incidents like this---to paraphrase JP, "crazy finds a way").

So what can we do to protect the kids?-- because even if they are rare, these incidents have enough impact on us all that we should strive to stamp them out.

1. Trained and armed security plainly visible. Not some fat lady rent a cop that drives in a car between. 7 schools. I know this isn't perfect, because we have seen cowards before, but I think this would act as a deterrent for a large percentage of these nuts.

2. Mandate a certain percentage of teachers have ready access to weapons. I am not saying they have to have a Glock 45 in a drop leg. It seems to me that a coded or biometric safe on the dest of the teacher with a G17 or revolver with laser grips would be a good idea.

3. Actually spend money on mental health in the USA. Reopen the sanatoriums. In GA, we basically have ZERO place for the mentally ill to go. A straight up crazy person will be quickly "restored to sanity" with hard drugs and then sent to prison. The prison will typically want to get them out because they are a hassle to deal with. Then these poor bastards are left to their own demons.

4. What about a citizens militia? Basically a training program where pro-2A groups agree to protect these facilities? Obviously it would require a vetting process for training and mental health background checks. Basically the NRA/GOA etc propose to fund and provide protection. Then we all volunteer to protect these facilities. I am fully aware this would be objected to by the left. But it is something we could do.
    Some schools in TX have armed staff at least, and this could be the national model. One school decided it was time for less debate and BS and more action:

https://news.amomama.com/133689-flor...erans-def.html
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm sure it's on many peoples minds on how he just walked in.
    At my sons school you don't get in period unless it's an emergency, when I have to pick him up I wait outside after signing in with an ID.

My daughters school doors are locked but all you have to do is hit the buzzer and mumble something and they let you in.
    I was pretty disappointed in how easy it was for anyone to get in after the doors had closed and have voiced my concerns every time I get a chance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by One More Time View Post
    I'm sure it's on many peoples minds on how he just walked in.
    At my sons school you don't get in period unless it's an emergency, when I have to pick him up I wait outside after signing in with an ID.

My daughters school doors are locked but all you have to do is hit the buzzer and mumble something and they let you in.
    I was pretty disappointed in how easy it was for anyone to get in after the doors had closed and have voiced my concerns every time I get a chance.
    That's not totally clear at this time, but from a report "A school resource officer went outside to investigate after the crash occurred and was shot by the suspect, according to KOCO."

Don't know if RSO was armed, level of training, etc, but it appears some security existed. That's also why staff should have the option to be armed, and or, following example of article I posed above, vets (multiple) with long guns.

Either we get F-ing tired of hearing about these events and doing minimal to nadda about it, or we demand legit security exists. To repeat what I have said after each one of these events for a decade or so now:

We protect out politicians and money with armed men and our children with "Gun Free Zone" Signs. Those are the priorities of the damned.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-25-22 at 11:43.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Really need to know if that resource officer was armed.

Was the school a target, or did he crash there and then go into the school because it was there?

The CBP seems to referred to a cross between LAV and Rob Leatham - and by what he did I don’t doubt it- but it seems that he as some acknowledge ninja before it happened?

Playing hokey from work on Friday and going to work my son on shot cadence with a nod towards VOA and shoot-to-stop.

Because With active-shooters with body armor in the last two public instances, that makes a trend. Still guess that 9mm is the go-to for 99% of self defense shoots, but I think school/facility defenders need to consider up-gunning.

Any word on his parents and/or family situation?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post

I agree with most of this except the mental health angle, at least when it comes to mass shootings. These shooters aren’t mentally ill; they’re evil. It isn’t a bunch of people with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder losing their grip on reality and going on shooting sprees. It’s sadistic psychopaths who make a conscious and deliberate decision to commit a horrific act, knowing full well how evil it is and taking glee in the death they cause. Psychopaths can’t be treated because they know right from wrong and they choose wrong. Unfortunately, there’s only two places to put people like this: prison or the grave.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 05-25-22 at 13:01.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast