Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting: 19 children, 2 teachers killed

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    Lawmen can't win.

If he shoots and hits a school child, people want his hide. If he hesitates to avoid hitting a school child, people want his hide.

If police form a perimeter and wait, to avoid being killed, they're "cowards." If they rush in guns blazing, they're "aggressive." If they rush in and get theemselves killed, they're "reckless." If they rush in and get children killed, they're "reckless."

If they show up in uniform with pistols, they're "underequipped." If they show up looking like Seals, they're "militarized."

If they put out preliminary statements that later turn out mistaken, they're "liars." If they hold back until the investigation is complete, they're "covering up."

If police stop and frisk un-White youths, they're "racist." If they don't stop and frisk un-White youths, they're "woke."
    I agree with all of that, and it's one of many reasons I could not do that job and why I have been such a supporter of LE (and mil), warts and all for so long. There's also no doubts at all due to current anti LE culture, that they're hesitating to take the shot be it in the back of their mind or the front, when dealing with potentially deadly events. Something like that event, essentially as bad as it gets for such a thing, but, in some situations, Parkland, this one, etc, what aspects of the response likley directly culpable to the outcomes, must have an end point and blame assigned. Unfortunately, it's usually the roaches scatter when the lights turned on, a scapegoat named and blamed, and it's back to biz as usual.

Parkland, while most were accurately identified as who was part of the FUBAR of it all, none paid a real price for it beyond loss of a job, leaving with their full pensions. Two, with leadership comes responsibility, and while I doubt this event is down the one gut everyone dumping on, he was the highest ranking person there, failed as the CI in a way hard to even fathom, and must take the heat for it. I do hope he's not singled out as the only aspect of the fail to make it seem as if not for him alone, it all would have been happy endings.

The line between fog O war and "only following orders" has always been a fine one, some times open to interpretation, but consequences for it must exist.

HC et al went with the Fog O War excuse for Benghazi and got away with it. By any read of it was at best negligence (for which she should have been fire for) to criminal negligence, for which she should be in prison for.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The excuses "fog of war", "awaiting orders", etc. are horse hockey.

Old school LEO, who are considered abrasive individuals, rough around the edges, hard-nosed pricks, are what is needed when an active shooter enters a school, place of worship or workplace. The far left hates those types of cops, because they hurt the feelings of thin-skinned individuals, man-buns and other sensitive types. They are also the types of cops who are not numbers driven during day-to-day policing, which pisses off the bean counters.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Far left or any other totalitarian ideology isn't opposed to police as they exist in the US where the vast majority will enforce any and all draconian policies.

Decades of enforcement of anti 2A policies demonstrate that along with the last couple years of covid power grabbing.

Not all will, but those are on one tapering end of the bell curve and it is an extreme disservice to the good ones to cater to demands of looking at the duds as being good

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lawmen can't win.

If he shoots and hits a school child, people want his hide. If he hesitates to avoid hitting a school child, people want his hide.

If police form a perimeter and wait, to avoid being killed, they're "cowards." If they rush in guns blazing, they're "aggressive." If they rush in and get theemselves killed, they're "reckless." If they rush in and get children killed, they're "reckless."

If they show up in uniform with pistols, they're "underequipped." If they show up looking like Seals, they're "militarized."

If they put out preliminary statements that later turn out mistaken, they're "liars." If they hold back until the investigation is complete, they're "covering up."

If police stop and frisk un-White youths, they're "racist." If they don't stop and frisk un-White youths, they're "woke."
    The Lawman isn't to "win" some sort of publicity war between right and left. The lawman's job is to do his duty and to do that which is righteous, just like the rest of us. You, them, me have duties and responsibilities we've taken on by choice. I took on duties and responsibilities to my wife, children and brethren...and above all to my God. Police are no different, they took oaths, they took on duties. If they don't want to do those duties to the level of their abilities, they should stand down. If I started worrying about what the world thought of me constantly it might paralyze my ability to think, say, and do, maybe that's what happened to these cops.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 06-19-22 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...g-information/

Uvalde Officials Hire Private Law Firm to Block Release of Shooting Records Including ‘Highly Embarrassing Information’
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The excuses "fog of war", "awaiting orders", etc. are horse hockey.

Old school LEO, who are considered abrasive individuals, rough around the edges, hard-nosed pricks, are what is needed when an active shooter enters a school, place of worship or workplace. The far left hates those types of cops, because they hurt the feelings of thin-skinned individuals, man-buns and other sensitive types. They are also the types of cops who are not numbers driven during day-to-day policing, which pisses off the bean counters.
    Usually true, used to avoid actual culpability, but not always and context always matters. Old school LEOs or mil, no love for them at all in today's woke everyone gets a prize for showing up low T world. For my dedication to such men, I wrote Old And Angry, which based loosely on a friend of mine, who was LRRP in Nam.

Personality wise, the MC in the story (Paul) is almost opposite of my buddy, and is as hard and crusty and no BS as woodpecker dink.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post

Uvalde Officials Hire Private Law Firm to Block Release of Shooting Records Including ‘Highly Embarrassing Information’
    Lawyers are saying that TX law lets police seal records of closed investigations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That's rather telling. I can recall a Texas agency doing that after a drug raid where an officer and a citizen were killed with the citizen being blamed for the officer's death.

Autopsy results for the cop weren't released due to officials saying it was too gruesome for the family of the officer. Eventually the family won in court and the cop's killer was shown to be one or more of their co-workers.

Considering the fight to hide the facts there didn't seem to be any new investigation to determine if the citizen killing was actually justified or simply a loose end that got tied up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Several Articles making the rounds that video of the hallway footage shows LE didn't even check the door...man, this deal keeps smelling worse.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...cju-story.html
    I heard about that yesterday. The fact that they are trying to cover this up and keep it sealed definitely gives legitimacy to this.

At a certain point, you have to wonder if all of the failures can really be attributed to incompetence, or if we've passed Occam's razor and the idea that this was a scripted event becomes the more plausible of the two.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lawyers are saying that TX law lets police seal records of closed investigations.
    Then any and all credibility they may have had, such as it is, will be gone. No judge, etc should accept that in this event.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast