Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest BATFE Op Gone Wrong?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Latest BATFE Op Gone Wrong?

Surprised I haven't seen this one posted yet?

Petty Officer 1st Class Jose Marcelo, a 20-year Active Duty veteran (now retired) had $20K worth of registered NFA items seized by BATFE without arrest or charges, and refuse to return his property despite proof of lawful ownership. Looks like it was the Memphis, TN Satellite Office?

Fundraiser if you’re so inclined:

https://www.givesendgo.com/carlomarc...aremsg=display
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Associated video from LS1 Marcelo:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Absolutely disgusting. One piece of advice I'd give Carlo is to stop talking about the anxiety he is having. They WILL use that against him. In reality the cat is out of the bag and it's going to be used against him.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Absolutely disgusting. One piece of advice I'd give Carlo is to stop talking about the anxiety he is having. They WILL use that against him. In reality the cat is out of the bag and it's going to be used against him.
    I just hope he doesn't have a dog.

Feedback Score
    BATF = Lawless thugs.

Unfortunately that dude is going to pick up charges for the 11.5” upper being an SBR, and probably that silly little 9mm thing with the brace. It won’t matter that technically they’re legal, he’s going to get charged. That way the scummy BATF have a reason to not give his stuff back to him, and frankly the average jury in Virginia will totally convict his ass. Not like the agents care about justice, ethics, or morals they work for the BATF after all.

I don’t agree with the NFA as a law but pistols with braces, and shorty uppers etc really are things you probably should either plan to get a stamp for or keep in your house/on your property never to see the light of day outside your own domain. If you have an encounter with law enforcement outside of your home or property, which is far more likely than them showing up at your place; and they come up with a reason to search you or your vehicle you’re 100% getting hemmed up these days with that stupid shit on you or in your rig. You might beat the charges in court, but you also might not and either way you’re getting screwed.

Oh and they’re totally going to murder his dog, or any other dogs encountered when they break his door down at 0330 in a month or two.
    Last edited by Coal Dragger; 11-28-22 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Every time I hear about a case of the ATF screwing someone over, there's always been more to the story. Is that not the case here?

How did the ATF come to be involved with this guy?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Every time I hear about a case of the ATF screwing someone over, there's always been more to the story. Is that not the case here?

The first vid posted it explains it. The story sounds odd, but who am I to judge? I've made a few gun parts/accessories purchases in parking lots from strangers off GunBroker over the years. I've never purchased a gun in a parking lot, but if I'd had, it's legal where I live.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 11-28-22 at 19:54.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

They were going after the gun store guy that Carlo stated he was buying a buffer tube off of...

As in so far as the 11.5 inch upper...it wasn't attached to anything according to Carlo that would make it iilegal..it was by itself... The braced pistol might be another story, but I personally would let a lawyer handle all of this.

Feedback Score
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...stry-a-reality

mRad spoke on it yesterday in the “muh registry” thread…
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    The first vid posted it explains it. The story sounds odd, but who am I to judge?
    Gotcha. I'll have to click it at home.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast