Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I was called an idiot…ATF gun registry a reality.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Therein lies your problem. You aren’t hearing it. You don’t want to.

To be a database it doesn’t have to be COMPLETE. Nowhere in the law does it state that. In fact, the Firearms Owner’s Protection act specific states that no system of doing so may be established. “No registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions may be established.” It only allows inquire into disposition of firearms used in criminal investigation.

Records maintained by the ATF are not to be searchable by gun owner’s personal information. But it obviously is. In fact, if we are to read the law as written, the ATF should only be allowed to maintain the portion of the 4473 with dealer info, and firearm data. Disposition information is ILLEGAL. The fact that they are scanning disposition information is beyond you. And it is SEARCHABLE by owner information. They don’t have to do traces in such a manner for it to be illegal.

For a guy that believes he’s so informed you haven’t bothered to read the law. Why? I dunno, I guess because you’re lazy or an ATF apologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    and quoting myself for refuting.

Feedback Score
    A couple years ago Palmetto state armory handed over my untaxed firearm purchases to Washington state. While its true the ATF wont be able to track down every 4473 from every small dealer they would surely get a ton of info from the big guys.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    https://youtu.be/x65LUeAvt_s

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    ...Youtube videos are an opinion, not a source.
    ABSOLUTELY THIS ^

I consider it a sign of the times we live in that people chronically outsource their own independent thinking and look to self-proclaimed, self-anointed internet "influencers" for what to believe and what to think, time after time after time, ad nauseum. Heralding whatever "muh YouTube leader" said is as pathetic as quoting "muh wife's Twitter" and "I have a friend in [X] who tells me."

It's especially shameful when a grown man does it.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have always thought NIBRS and DIBRS do much more than just capture their obvious stats. I believe it encompasses DOL from each state, as well as anything else in a database.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Here it is. I’m apparently not the only one that heard the rumors (some of which an actual ATF agent let slip to a family member), but the ATF is indeed digitizing in the same searchable manner as I stated a few months back. The change in 4473 served no purpose but to make it easier to do so. Here’s MrGunsandGear breaking it down:

https://youtu.be/PokL9HjQ50s

I think one belittling member here has an order of crow to eat.

Armslist & mall parking lot deals may yet make a comeback.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Armslist & mall parking lot deals may yet make a comeback.
    True... but how many people are making that the sole source of acquisition?

Knowing the scale of data acquisition and profile linking, if their only goal is to put together an 80% chance match on a bunch of otherwise obvious pointers, we're way past that point.
    The question has always been who is overseeing the people with access to this data and ensuring that it gets used only when appropriate, and otherwise kept from leaking or being misused.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345