Thread: Special Forces w/GMV's in Mint 400 race

Feedback Score

Special Forces w/GMV's in Mint 400 race

I'm somewhat surprised that the Army approved (and paid for) this:

"US Army Special Forces soldiers took part in the Mint 400 off-road race near Las Vegas in March.

The Green Berets used the race to show off their specially designed Ground Mobility Vehicle 1.1s."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rare-appe...222300188.html

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The army didn’t approve or pay for it, 1st SFC(A) did.

Also, we had tons of trouble with these in loose sand at NTC. We had to recover 1.1s several times with 1.0s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    For those who aren't privy, what's the difference between the 1.1s and the 1.0s and why the change from one to the other?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    For those who aren't privy, what's the difference between the 1.1s and the 1.0s and why the change from one to the other?
    Its actually an entirely different vehicle. You can probably wiki it but the 1.0 is basically a modified HMMWV with more power and other mods. The GMV 1.1 is an entirely different vehicle with five seats inside plus gunner. The driver sits in the center of the vehicle so the seats are basically a pentagon. They have some redeeming qualities but are very underpowered. Part of that is quiet which is nice and I believe they were designed to fit on a particular aircraft well but at least in that terrain, the 1.0s were way more valuable.
    Sic semper tyrannis.