Thread: Mountain Tactical Institute Fitness

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Mountain Tactical Institute Fitness

Has anyone done any of their plans? Fairly inexpensive, they have a metric crap-ton from elite to dad bod. I just purchased the 7-week sandbag-weight vest-dumbbell plan. Wanted to see if anyone else has any input.

https://mtntactical.com/
    Last edited by chuckman; 05-27-22 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I did the operator workouts when they were still Military Athlete and bought a program to get ready for an academy. They have good content.

The link you gave seems to be a different company than Mountain Tactical.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 05-27-22 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I did the operator workouts when they were still Military Athlete and bought a program to get ready for an academy. They have good content.

The link you gave seems to be a different company than Mountain Tactical.
    Not sure how that happened, thanks for pointing it out. I edited it.

Feedback Score
    I used their programs for several years. I found them to be effective.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Has anyone done any of their plans? Fairly inexpensive, they have a metric crap-ton from elite to dad bod. I just purchased the 7-week sandbag-weight vest-dumbbell plan. Wanted to see if anyone else has any input.

https://mtntactical.com/
    Used them a lot, will text you in the morning.

Really good stuff.

Feedback Score
    I've done both the Waylon program as well as GoRuck prep program. They both shared a lot of similar elements. I actually got injured 2/3 of the way into the GoRuck one, but that was my fault for squatting with poor form and not stopping when I felt like something was off.

In general, the MTN Tac stuff worked as advertised. My before and after performance with the Waylon was pretty clear to me. That said, I also feel like the programs are very conditioning heavy, and often do conditioning using heavy weights rather than other methods. Almost every workout made me feel gassed. In hindsight, I think the MTN Tac programs are quite good for a sport-specific train up if you have an event coming up.

If you're looking for more of a day-to-day type of thing, I suggest looking at K Black's Tactical barbell programming. It's designed around minimum dose methods where you tax yourself just enough to keep progressing, but doesn't drain you for the rest of the day. Within that series, you'll probably want to look at TB I (strength), TB III (conditioning), and also check out Ageless Athlete.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman