Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scalerworks Aimpoint mount busted.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    Side by side I'd have to say the ADM was money wasted, and like many things I eventually end up back with OEM stuff. I have boxes full of shame.
    I have boxes and boxes of shit, I know I should sell it but Im so fkn lazy. Maybe when I retire and some of the shit will be of value, I can sell 3 items per month to pay for shit I need when Im old and broke.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I still have yet to hear anything from Scalarworks. I went one by one on these mount options, and after having bad luck with Scalar and Wilcox... NONE of the mounts out there inspire much confidence. I don't like mounts that gooseneck/crane to much. I'm leaning towards the Geissele which isn't currently available.
    I don't think there's a bad one on the list and have had many of them. I've had far more LT150s and a few 129s. The Geissele mount is excellent.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    How did you have bad lick with a Wilcox mount?? I’ve always found them to be badass and ahead of their time.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    How did you have bad lick with a Wilcox mount?? I’ve always found them to be badass and ahead of their time.
    They're a cheap extrusion which only has partial surface contact to the tube. My SBR fell over and naturally landed on the Aimpoint. The gun definitely lost zero. I never knew why until I replaced the mount. The contact surfaces from the Wilcox had gouged the aimpoint tube slightly. In other words, they need a complete ring on the tube for maximum surface contact instead of several staggered footprints.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    They're a cheap extrusion which only has partial surface contact to the tube. My SBR fell over and naturally landed on the Aimpoint. The gun definitely lost zero. I never knew why until I replaced the mount. The contact surfaces from the Wilcox had gouged the aimpoint tube slightly. In other words, they need a complete ring on the tube for maximum surface contact instead of several staggered footprints.
    Brutally true.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No experience with the product, but that was my thought when I was looking at them.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    No experience with the product, but that was my thought when I was looking at them.
    Externally they looked like a simple, strong mount with the only downside being the goofy knob that NO tool fits to tighten to the pic rail. But on the inside of the mount... yeah... no good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Markm Scalarworks has still not made this right?
    nawai

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Markm Scalarworks has still not made this right?
    They have the mount according to tracking. I have to follow up with them.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    They are currently out of stock on LEAP/PRO mounts, I'm sure Scalarworks will send out a brand new mount once they are available but that might be a few weeks dependent upon their production schedule.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast