Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scalerworks Aimpoint mount busted.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    MAWLs have a hole in their body that happens to fit 550.
    Where? The only thing I can think of is the lanyard loop on the battery cap, but then mine is a pre-2021 C1+, not sure if the DA and/or later models are updated with that feature.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post

What would the preferred method of dummy cord attachment of the sight though? Most of the micro RDS on the market don’t seem to be designed with that in mind.
    I should note that there is a flaw in the pic I provided. It doesn’t show where the gutted 550 passes between the windage knob and power knob. I’d contend that on this setup, the tie down of the mount to the rifle is more important, because it allows the optic/mount assembly to be disconnected and pushed to the the left side of the rifle so that iron sights can be used in the event of a dead dot, while retaining the sight with the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Where? The only thing I can think of is the lanyard loop on the battery cap, but then mine is a pre-2021 C1+, not sure if the DA and/or later models are updated with that feature.
    482BD56C-BA28-487E-AB31-C2A6DAD4E281.jpeg
    Last edited by 1168; 06-03-22 at 04:26.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Thanks man.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Thanks man.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Isn't that the same dude who demanded payment if a company wanted a good review ($5-10k)? Isn't he the dude who owns a gun shop, but pretends he is just some guy trying to help people while he works on these videos all alone? Or am i confusing with with some high class individual milking the public?

I know this can't be the same guy who was enlisted (enlisted is awesome by the way) but pretended he was a full USMC COLONEL?!?!!? He got shirts made, wore the rank and everything. Then he got called out on it and passed it off saying he was a "KY Colonel" and everyone knows what he means. Totally blaming the viewers for believing what he told them? Please tell me we aren't talking about the same person, because that would be obscene.
    WHOA Stick...Im just seeing this...man I dont know SQUAT about him..only I saw an IG post with a pic of that mount broken, and him sayin it wash his second one, and done.
    Shoot, I hate I mentioned it now.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Pffft. Anything can be dummy corded if you have a drill, some safety wire and a pair of safety wire pliers

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Pffft. Anything can be dummy corded if you have a drill, some safety wire and a pair of safety wire pliers
    Common practice in racing motorcycles, which I suspect you know.

Feedback Score
    Common practice in racing motorcycles, which I suspect you know.
    How many drill bits can you break safety wiring an R6 to WERA specs? ALL OF THEM My back gets sore thinking about the number of hours I spent on the garage floor drilling out bolts....... Man I miss those days.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I still have yet to hear anything from Scalarworks. I went one by one on these mount options, and after having bad luck with Scalar and Wilcox... NONE of the mounts out there inspire much confidence. I don't like mounts that gooseneck/crane to much. I'm leaning towards the Geissele which isn't currently available.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I still have yet to hear anything from Scalarworks. I went one by one on these mount options, and after having bad luck with Scalar and Wilcox... NONE of the mounts out there inspire much confidence. I don't like mounts that gooseneck/crane to much. I'm leaning towards the Geissele which isn't currently available.
    I've got a Pro in the ADM mount and seems to be a solid mount, although the QRP2 it came with is plenty rugged. It may be an ugly duck but it has a proven record. Side by side I'd have to say the ADM was money wasted, and like many things I eventually end up back with OEM stuff. I have boxes full of shame.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast