Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scalerworks Aimpoint mount busted.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

My Scalerworks Aimpoint mount busted.

I noticed my Aimpoint was a little off from the Irons on my rifle. I checked the torx screws and they were loose and the sight had visibly moved forward in the mount.

I went to remount everything and heard a small snap. I though I broke the screw. (I'm not normally one to over tighten something, but?)

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've seen a couple photos like this now. As a new owner of a scalarworks aimpoint magnifier mount it concerns me a bit.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm crapped out. I feel like I should have seen the fragile hinge and been more careful, but now that I look at the hinge, it seems like a pretty weak part of the design.

I have another of these mount on my house gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just checked my house gun, and it's solid. The sight hasn't slipped and the fasteners feel tight with the torx driver.

The broken mount did have the red thread adhesive on them, but they didn't seem to tighten up well. The vibratite (or whatever) looked prestine before I broke the damned thing.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I just checked my house gun, and it's solid. The sight hasn't slipped and the fasteners feel tight with the torx driver.

The broken mount did have the red thread adhesive on them, but they didn't seem to tighten up well. The vibratite (or whatever) looked prestine before I broke the damned thing.
    I thought most Aimpoints came with their own mount.

are there any alternatives to this mount by other manufacturers? Geissele? ADM? Midwest? (never used aimpoint pro, but T2-style mounts from geissele and ADM are great.)

Feedback Score
    Scalarworks updated the hinge design. Contact them and they’ll replace the mount with the updated stronger hinge design.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    are there any alternatives to this mount by other manufacturers? Geissele? ADM? Midwest? (never used aimpoint pro, but T2-style mounts from geissele and ADM are great.)
    Folks that make 30mm Aimpoint mounts that I'm aware of:

One can also use any CompM4 mount when used in combination with this ring: https://aimpoint.us/aimpoint-30mm-to...compm4-series/
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I'm not really a fan of most QD or minimalist designs. All you need is a 30mm ring. Vortex has some for $24, made in China though. I use Geissele ones only.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's a solid list, thanks for putting that together.

@markm, what hight are you looking for. During my last search I found there were (as you can see above) lots of options but most are standard or lower 1/3rd. I found there were not a ton of tall mounts like 1.93 and up.

Feedback Score
    Damn MarkM sorry to hear your mount broke, not that it does you any good but I am impressed so far with the Geissele T1/T2 Super Precision Mount that I ordered along with an Aimpoint Comp M5 from Geissle. I realize it's not a 30mm tube style mount, but damn if it's not solid. Looking at the Geissle Aimpoint PRO mount I can't see any weak points on it, and I will be picking one up as soon as they come back in stock for my old beat up Comp M2.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast