Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scalerworks Aimpoint mount busted.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It's all good man, that's what we're here for, to keep each other honest.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    absolute co-witness = 1.42"

lower third one = 1.57"

1.7" splits the difference between lower third one and 1.93" and obviously Geissele 2.04" and Unity 2.26" go up from there with the latter 3 considered NV /gas mas height.
    Not necessarily, what manufacturers call absolute and lower 1/3rd vary quite a bit. For example, the Daniel Defense Micro Mount is 1.5" for absolute, and 1.65" for lower 1/3rd. For more places:

Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Not every manufacturer uses the same height for co-witness and lower 1/3. For example:

Irons are supposedly 1.41" over the top rail.

Aimpoint's stock mount has a 39mm spacer which is 1.535".

Geissele is 1.41" for co-witness and 1.57" for lower 1/3 (based on an email response I received from them).

ADM is 1.52" for co-witness and 1.69" for lower 1/3.

Larue is 1.4" for co-witness and 1.64" for lower 1/3.

Bobro doesn't list measurement that I could easily find, but they have a co-witness, lower 1/3, and tall mount, and most people say their tall model is similar to the Larue/ADM lower 1/3.
    FWIW, the Aimpoint 39mm spacer mount is generally also considered absolute.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 07-03-22 at 00:04.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Not necessarily, what manufacturers call absolute and lower 1/3rd vary quite a bit. For example, the Daniel Defense Micro Mount is 1.5" for absolute, and 1.65" for lower 1/3rd. For more places:

FWIW, the Aimpoint 39mm spacer mount is generally also considered absolute.
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    absolute co-witness = ~1.42"

lower third one = ~1.57"

1.7" splits the difference between lower third one and 1.93" and obviously Geissele 2.04" and Unity 2.26" go up from there with the latter 3 considered NV /gas mas height.
    Better?

I used Scalerworks numbers since this is a Scalerworks thread.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 07-03-22 at 00:39.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I hate to dogpile on you but you can lollipop the dot with lower 1/3 and 1.7 before confirming the dot.
    True, but to me and my aging eyes anything near the bottom (or top if it was that way, i.e. the periphery) distorts things a bit. Much clearer for me dead-center.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Got a loaner out of Pappabear's parts box. I think it's the Aimpoint CTO mount? This would be a great mount if it were lower 1/3 and had beefier fastiners.
    Last edited by markm; 07-10-22 at 18:19.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Got a loaner out of Pappabear's parts box. I think it's the Aimpoint CTO mount? This would be a great mount if it were lower 1/3 and had beefier fastiners.
    We were shooting on Saturday and somehow I thought, just maybe I have a spare mount, sitting in boxes of shite 10 ft deep....I don't know how you knew that Mark but yes, I think it was off my Aimpoint Carbine Optic, thought it was also called Aimpoint Pro? Sitting on a Colt Carbine AR15-A4 with a Brobro mount. Brobro was my Goto for a while with Larue being up there too for optic mounts. Never caught wind of Scalerworks until recently. You know how we become creatures of habit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We were shooting on Saturday and somehow I thought, just maybe I have a spare mount, sitting in boxes of shite 10 ft deep....I don't know how you knew that Mark but yes, I think it was off my Aimpoint Carbine Optic, thought it was also called Aimpoint Pro? Sitting on a Colt Carbine AR15-A4 with a Brobro mount. Brobro was my Goto for a while with Larue being up there too for optic mounts. Never caught wind of Scalerworks until recently. You know how we become creatures of habit.

PB
    ACO is the budget version of the PRO. Inferior included mount, no included lens caps, no NVG settings, shorter battery life, less water resistance.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    ACO is the budget version of the PRO. Inferior included mount, no included lens caps, no NVG settings, shorter battery life, less water resistance.
    And eats batteries like a mofo. Just changed mine for the 100th time. I have never tried to save a dime that I have not regretted saving that dime. Other than dumping batteries it has been a decent optic. Never run lens caps or NV and do no deep dives with my optics so battery life has been my only issue with this Aimpoint. But prefer my T1, T2 and Comp optics.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-10-22 at 22:28.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just got a notification that UPS is delivering a Scalerworks package this week. I'd put this thing out of my mind. I'll post pics when I get it for those who asked.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast