Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: My Scalerworks Aimpoint mount busted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I guess (from what others posted) they were building a revised mount from scratch... then off to anodizing, etc.
    Ah, okay. I remember that now. I'm curious to see what the new design will be.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    New hinge... definitely beefed up.

Base is slightly differently shaped toward the rear, and the torque spec is laser by the fasteners.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That does look nicely improved. Also appears that the thumb wheel is larger, allowing for more torque when tightening.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    New design looks like there’s more area to spread the load across. Hopefully it holds up over the long haul.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Actually the base and wheel are the same. It's just the phone camera angle that's making them look different. I was going to sell this mount since I already settle in on the factory thing. But I might try to find another Comp M3 or C3 and actually run the mount.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Naturally I have a pretty cool mount and no great options for an RDS. The PRO and CTOs are just serious pay cuts in an RDS and priced over $400. I dumped my PRO many years ago because of the shitty brightness settings. The primary arms 30mm sights are probably every bit the sight that the CTO and PRO are, but I have an psychological issue with using a sight that's cheaper than the mount.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Naturally I have a pretty cool mount and no great options for an RDS. The PRO and CTOs are just serious pay cuts in an RDS and priced over $400. I dumped my PRO many years ago because of the shitty brightness settings. The primary arms 30mm sights are probably every bit the sight that the CTO and PRO are, but I have an psychological issue with using a sight that's cheaper than the mount.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d-Rubber-Cover
    ^^^^saw this in the EE^^^^

Regarding the PRO, I’ve always found it to be an outstanding optic, and value for the money. The only reason I’ve moved away from them, is that my eyesight makes the dot turn into a spider web.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 10-05-22 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks. I actually found an old PM from 3_AE here who sent me a link to a dealer who shows ML3 and M3s in stock. I sent them an email to confirm.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Thanks. I actually found an old PM from 3_AE here who sent me a link to a dealer who shows ML3 and M3s in stock. I sent them an email to confirm.
    Send me a PM if they do, I’d love to find a NOS Comp M3.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Send me a PM if they do, I’d love to find a NOS Comp M3.
    Will do. It's bearbasin.net FYI. The site looks good, and shows non-availability on discontinued items. But I don't have history with them to know there not a Botac kind of dealer.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast