Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scalerworks Aimpoint mount busted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One of the IG/FB gun dudes who name I cant now recall, just a couple days posted pics of his broken mount like that...said it was the second one & he is DONE with that brand.
    If I think of his name Ill update.
    UPDATE: Mac at Military Arms Channel.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 05-30-22 at 16:03.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    SW mounts are a poor design all around. I’ve been saying it for a good while now. People will find out as I did…

Feedback Score
    i am a fan of the scalarworks products. have a T1, and MRO mount and their peak irons. waiting to buy their flip ups. as for their tube optic mounts this was an original concern that the consumers found out about. i know they updated some of their hinges and have seen two new ones break. One was unsure about how it broke but the other was being mounted right in front of me. This was about a two weeks ago. I really wanted one for my new lpvo set up but i will be giving my money to another company until this really does get fixed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    SW mounts are a poor design all around. I’ve been saying it for a good while now. People will find out as I did…
    When I was selecting a new red dot sight and mount, I strongly considered a Scalarworks LEAP with an Aimpoint Comp M5. For whatever reason my Marine/Caveman spidey senses told me that my stupid ass would end up breaking the mount somehow because that is what happens when I buy anything that is more complicated than necessary.

So I bought a Geissele mount for the Comp M5 instead, because it's as simple as a mount can be made.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Scalarworks updated the hinge design. Contact them and they’ll replace the mount with the updated stronger hinge design.
    Really? That would be great. I'm a lower 1/3 fan to answer vandal5's question.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    When I was selecting a new red dot sight and mount, I strongly considered a Scalarworks LEAP with an Aimpoint Comp M5. For whatever reason my Marine/Caveman spidey senses told me that my stupid ass would end up breaking the mount somehow because that is what happens when I buy anything that is more complicated than necessary.

So I bought a Geissele mount for the Comp M5 instead, because it's as simple as a mount can be made.
    They’re as bomb-proof as you can make a Micro mount too. WAY overbuilt for what’s bolted to it, but they are the best.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post

They’re as bomb-proof as you can make a Micro mount too. WAY overbuilt for what’s bolted to it, but they are the best.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was eyeballing Geissele as a replacement yesterday. Pappabear gave me one for my Romeo 5, and it's solid.

If Scaler truly will replace this, I'll use the replacement. The pic rail interface seems fine to me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Looks like Scalar is going to take care of the situation. I just have to get them a pic and sku, etc.

Feedback Score
    I can’t say much about the product or design but it’s a good investment to purchase adjustable or fixed torque limiter’s and tighten to manufacturers specs
    Last edited by steelcore; 05-31-22 at 15:59.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast