Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scalerworks Aimpoint mount busted.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    UPDATE: Mac at Military Arms Channel.
    Isn't that the same dude who demanded payment if a company wanted a good review ($5-10k)? Isn't he the dude who owns a gun shop, but pretends he is just some guy trying to help people while he works on these videos all alone? Or am i confusing with with some high class individual milking the public?

I know this can't be the same guy who was enlisted (enlisted is awesome by the way) but pretended he was a full USMC COLONEL?!?!!? He got shirts made, wore the rank and everything. Then he got called out on it and passed it off saying he was a "KY Colonel" and everyone knows what he means. Totally blaming the viewers for believing what he told them? Please tell me we aren't talking about the same person, because that would be obscene.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is why I almost NEVER watch gun videos on Youtard. I'm not trying to give views/revenue to beat offs who don't deserve it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcore View Post
    I can’t say much about the product or design but it’s a good investment to purchase adjustable or fixed torque limiter’s and tighten to manufacturers specs
    I don't totally disagree. But clearly this was a weakness in the original design that apparently Scalar has improved.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Great info. Thank you. Both Geissele and KAC look great.

I feel a bit conflicted about QD mounts in general. I like the idea of QD and tool-less function, yet don't use it that often.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    I feel a bit conflicted about QD mounts in general. I like the idea of QD and tool-less function, yet don't use it that often.
    That's one of the things that drew me to the Scalar. It's not QD, but it is tool-less.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Scalarworks updated the hinge design. Contact them and they’ll replace the mount with the updated stronger hinge design.
    When did this "update" take place? I am wondering if I have the original or updated version. I have several SW products, I have returned two rear PEAK sights due the bearings/springs in the rear aperture that choked and were replaced with new ones.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Apparently some people have gained value from a list of 30mm RDS mounts, so I’ll add one that I liked.

Daniel Defense
    https://www.primaryarms.com/daniel-d...0in-high-black

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Isn't that the same dude who demanded payment if a company wanted a good review ($5-10k)? Isn't he the dude who owns a gun shop, but pretends he is just some guy trying to help people while he works on these videos all alone? Or am i confusing with with some high class individual milking the public?

I know this can't be the same guy who was enlisted (enlisted is awesome by the way) but pretended he was a full USMC COLONEL?!?!!? He got shirts made, wore the rank and everything. Then he got called out on it and passed it off saying he was a "KY Colonel" and everyone knows what he means. Totally blaming the viewers for believing what he told them? Please tell me we aren't talking about the same person, because that would be obscene.
    No. It's not that guy.

It's the guy who bought an entire imported supply of rifles and then jacked the prices up as he was now the sole supplier.

I'm with markm. It's absolutely incredible how obsessed people are with youtube gun guys.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

https://www.hawaiireporter.com/on-ta...hannel-part-1/

Q: Your bio says that you are an Armed Citizens United board member, NRA member, Oath Keeper and are commissioned as a Colonel by the Governor of Kentucky. Which of these activities are you most active? Care to talk about any of them?

A: I joined up with Armed Citizens United mostly because I felt other gun rights groups weren’t doing all they could to defend against the constant encroachment on our rights. None of the other big groups wanted to fight to repeal the NFA or to take a no compromise position on our rights.

I maintain my membership in the NRA because it is the largest of the pro-gun groups, however I find myself disenchanted with them often times. But, I support them through the good times and the bad.

The Oath Keepers is something I believe in very strongly and I urge all military, LEO’s and Firefighters to join them. If you don’t know who they are, or what they stand for, check them out on the web at http://oathkeepers.org/oath/.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    When did this "update" take place? I am wondering if I have the original or updated version. I have several SW products, I have returned two rear PEAK sights due the bearings/springs in the rear aperture that choked and were replaced with new ones.
    Not a 100% sure of exact time frame but fairly certain after 2018 for the OP's mount.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast