Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hodge 12.5”… Next Gen Footlong

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Hodge 12.5”… Next Gen Footlong

9CA898FD-3A1D-465B-B0A2-A0E9E5AB4F37.jpeg
    I realized today that this thing is starting to come together. I’m just waiting on a light mount, which I ordered today. Shot it again yesterday.

Turbo K suppressor. Works well in the daytime. I use a MG7k at night.

Plan A mount. Light and short.

12.5” Hodge barrel. I like it so far. Nice profile. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...leg-Hodge-12-5

MAWL C1+. I like everything but the weight.

MI front sight. Takes up little space. Thanks GTF425 for bringing this to my attention.

Larue 11” quad. There’s not a lot of 11” rails out there, but this one is very good. Docsherm turned me onto these.

Magpul ladders on the side and DD cover on the bottom. Heat and grip.

Vickers sling. I’m the ringleader of that cult.

Square Forge upper. Can’t remember where I got this.

Bootleg BCG. For the fantasy that I might shoot unsuppressed one day.

P4Xi in a ADM Recon H mount. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...y-P4xi-journey

ZEV SBRd lower. I like the magwell.

Boonie Packer Redi Catch. I dig having the bolt hold open with the mag release.

Wilson Combat “Paul Howe” TTU. Excellent trigger. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ons-comparison

BCM Mod 2 grip. I like the angle and thickness. There’s some oil and a half used bottle of MRE Tabasco in there.

Troy Ambi selector. My work gun has an ambi selector, so most of my own ones do, too.

PRI Gasbuster Military Latch. Still the best charging handle for non-devil-handed folks like myself.

PWS ratchet endplate. It appeals to my laziness and also has a sling QD for the rare occasion I experiment with that.

A5 RE. Because it was available used and it works (mostly).

A5H2 and Colt spring. I swear I had a post on splits and can’t find it now. Edit: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Footlong/page2

BCM stock. It has a notch for rubber banding the sling down.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-05-22 at 04:13.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Last edited by 1168; 06-01-22 at 02:11.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Those can be good. Depends who finished them.

Your picture posting skills - Not so much...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    9CA898FD-3A1D-465B-B0A2-A0E9E5AB4F37.jpeg
    I realized today that this thing is starting to come together. I’m just waiting on a light mount, which I ordered today. Shot it again yesterday.

Turbo K suppressor. Works well in the daytime. I use a MG7k at night.

Plan A mount. Light and short.

MAWL C1+. I like everything but the weight.

MI front sight. Takes up little space. Thanks GTF425 for bringing this to my attention.

Larue 11” quad. There’s not a lot of 11” rails out there, but this one is very good.

Magpul ladders on the side and DD cover on the bottom. Heat and grip.

Vickers sling. I’m the ringleader of that cult.

Bootleg BCG. For the fantasy that I might shoot unsuppressed one day.

P4Xi in a ADM Recon H mount. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...y-P4xi-journey

ZEV SBRd lower. I like the magwell.

Boonie Packer Redi Catch. I dig having the bolt hold open with the mag release.

Wilson Combat “Paul Howe” TTU. Excellent trigger. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ons-comparison

BCM grip. I like the angle and thickness. There’s some oil and a half used bottle of MRE Tabasco in there.

Troy Ambi selector. My work gun has an ambi selector, so most of my own ones do, too.

PRI Gasbuster Military Latch. Still the best charging handle for non-devil-handed folks like myself.

PWS ratchet endplate. It appeals to my laziness and also has a sling QD for the rare occasion I experiment with that.

A5 RE. Because it was available used and it works (mostly).

A5H2 and Colt spring. I swear I had a post on splits and can’t find it now.

BCM stock. It has a notch for rubber banding the sling down.
    The A5 RE is not reliable in your experience?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Those can be good. Depends who finished them.

Your picture posting skills - Not so much...

Yeah, I’m pretty awful at pictures. I’ve tried to do better, but its an area that I have no natural talent for.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    The A5 RE is not reliable in your experience?
    There’s a stoppage that occurs sometimes while loading the first round, usually on a cold gun. I can’t get it to reproduce reliably enough to experiment with. Basically only happens when I’m trying to shoot, never when I’m trying to experiment or reproduce the problem. 17k noted a similar problem last year. We suspect it has something to do with the biasing spring. Basically just doesn’t quite go into battery, soft enough of a stoppage that just shoving the gun forward as if to muzzle-thump someone and then snatching it back fixes it.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks great. The last time I owned a Larue 11” quad was like back in 2007 with one of their stealth uppers, it wasn't something I'd like to lug around all day but the thing was bombproof.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-02-22 at 01:04.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Looks great. The last time I owned a Larue 11” quad was like back in 2007 with one of their stealth uppers, it wasn't something I'd like to lug around all day but the thing was bombproof.
    Its not as heavy as I thought it’d be. I carried it around the woods all day a few days ago. We’ll see if thats still true when I put a Rein on it, but I can still lose some weight by switching back to a T2 and PEQ15. Definitely heavier than a URX4, though. I’ve heard the Stealth barrels are pretty chubby. What are you using now?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why a front sight but no rear one?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Why a front sight but no rear one?
    Good question. I borrowed it for another gun when I mounted the LPVO. When I get off my ass and put my other T2 in its SW 1.93 mount, I’ll buy another MBUS rear. In the meantime, the front sight provides a small amount of protection for my LAM, and can be ghost ringed up close if I put the T2 on.

But yes, you are looking at an incomplete setup that should be remedied before considered ready for prime time.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Good thread, as well as the other thread concerning the barrel. I'm hoping the A5 mystery gets sorted out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast