Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hodge 12.5”… Next Gen Footlong

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Its not as heavy as I thought it’d be. I carried it around the woods all day a few days ago. We’ll see if thats still true when I put a Rein on it, but I can still lose some weight by switching back to a T2 and PEQ15. Definitely heavier than a URX4, though. I’ve heard the Stealth barrels are pretty chubby. What are you using now?
    Yep running 16" chunky stealth barrel with a 11" rail as my primary for a long time and smoking my arms out after a few drills was a thing before I knew better and paid attention to weight and balance. My current primary is a 14.5" Hodge with Triarc's 13" Wedgelock and a T2 + Vortex 6x magnifier which I just got. Going to be playing around with the 6x all summer before I figure out if I want to keep it or not.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-02-22 at 21:48.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Awesome post man. Good break from politics and current events. Thank you. This is what M4C used to be like all the time.

Feedback Score
    Looking nice, especially with a T2 to replace the LPVO. I've got an upper that keeps raising it's hand and saying, "I need to be a 12 inch!".

Don't currently have a foot-long in the mix but I'm leaning hard towards building another one to serve as my primary "nightlarper". The 10 is just a bit too crowded when loaded down with the necessary accoutrements, and the 14 is just too long when wearing a can. Not to mention the ballistic advantage over the 10.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    I have a build I did a couple years ago with a Hodge 14.5" barrel (which is supposedly gas-ported to be optimal for M855A1), gas block pinned and AAC prong FH perm-attached by John Thomas. Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black BCG, Colt lower, Geissele SD-C trigger, BCM MLOK handguard, Troy BUIS, and a Steiner P4Xi in a Scalarworks mount.

Damn barrel set me back $450 and this was in 2020. God knows what they are now.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 06-05-22 at 08:08.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    double
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-04-22 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

Damn barrel set me back $450 and this was in 2020. God knows what they are now.
    Looks to be the same. Then again I never paid full price for a Hodge barrel, Ive only paid just bit over what you would pay for a BCM HF barrel.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-04-22 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Looks to be the same. Then again I never paid full price for a Hodge barrel, Ive only paid just bit over what you would pay for a BCM HF barrel.
    Just shopping around or an "inside line"?

Yeah, it was pricey but it's a damn good barrel from my very limited experience with it and everything I've read. No regrets.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    . My current primary is a 14.5" Hodge with Triarc's 13" Wedgelock and a T2 + Vortex 6x magnifier which I just got. Going to be playing around with the 6x all summer before I figure out if I want to keep it or not.
    That sounds like a well balanced setup. Let me know what you think about that 6x.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Awesome post man. Good break from politics and current events. Thank you. This is what M4C used to be like all the time.
    Thanks for dropping by; glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    The 10 is just a bit too crowded when loaded down with the necessary accoutrements, and the 14 is just too long when wearing a can. Not to mention the ballistic advantage over the 10.
    Yup. Its Goldilocks for me on a personal gun.

By the way, the reason I called it “Next Generation” isn’t because I think its some nevah bin dun befo setup or anything. Its because its not quite ready to take over from its predecessor, which is similarly not quite dead yet. As I swap accessories around and get it where I’m happy, it’ll gradually become my primary.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Just shopping around or an "inside line"?

Yeah, it was pricey but it's a damn good barrel from my very limited experience with it and everything I've read. No regrets.
    Ive only used a friends and family code with OPtactical once, the rest of my stuff are from email sales codes from Weapon Outtfitters. Recently they had a 17% off code for armed forces day, picked up 16" Hodge for ~$390

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    That’s an awesome build, I still love those Larue quad rails. Crazy question, are you running a Colt carbine or rifle length action spring? The A5 is designed to use a rifle length spring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast